Ayr United - 17-18 rumblings and mumblings

How often under McCall have we not turned up in huge games.

When he first came in we bottled countless games to stay up comfortably. In his second season we didn’t turn up for a single minute of the play off final.

Last season we bottled every single huge relegation defining game.

Yesterday just tops the lot off.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

How often under McCall have we not turned up in huge games.

When he first came in we bottled countless games to stay up comfortably. In his second season we didn’t turn up for a single minute of the play off final.

Last season we bottled every single huge relegation defining game.

Yesterday just tops the lot off.

There’s all this talk of him “going upstairs”. Why? To do what?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That's the difference though. You've been given a last chance that was never expected; and the psychology of that is so much better.

This is one of those times I'm glad to live in Dundee and on top of that work with a load of women who hate football. It's easy for me to find distractions, but every now and then it haunts me. I've got a feeling it's going to do that for a long, long time.

:lol:

Get a fucking hold of yourself and have some self respect you melodramatic fool. 

I’m absolutely gutted. I still can’t quite believe we’ve managed to bottle this situation.

That being said, I think some of the stuff Ayr fans are coming out with is really quite embarrassing. I understand the disappointment, and after having one hand on the title going up through the playoffs would have the shine taken off of it, but people saying they’re not going to the playoffs and don’t care what happens is a bit pathetic. If you honestly don’t care whether we are in the Championship or League 1 next season then you can f**k off IMO. As I said, I think it’s just people having abgo based on the shambles we have just witnessed, but I hope that it is or it’s a new low.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m absolutely gutted. I still can’t quite believe we’ve managed to bottle this situation.

That being said, I think some of the stuff Ayr fans are coming out with is really quite embarrassing. I understand the disappointment, and after having one hand on the title going up through the playoffs would have the shine taken off of it, but people saying they’re not going to the playoffs and don’t care what happens is a bit pathetic. If you honestly don’t care whether we are in the Championship or League 1 next season then you can f**k off IMO. As I said, I think it’s just people having abgo based on the shambles we have just witnessed, but I hope that it is or it’s a new low.

There's nothing any fan could post that's as embarrassing as what happened on the park over the last 2 games. 

2 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

I was sure I’d seen that first half performance from Ayr somewhere before. I had, in the Paddy Power advert with blindfolded footballers chasing a ball with a fucking bell in it.

BRILLIANT!!!!!! roflmao

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I take it you don’t read the SRE Facebook page....

No but I really can't imagine it being as embarrassing as the last 2 games.

Facebook pages attract puddle drinkers. The Rovers one is almost beyond parody.  

It’s unreal - how do these roasters function in society.

No but I really can't imagine it being as embarrassing as the last 2 games.

You would be surprised.

40 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

There's nothing any fan could post that's as embarrassing as what happened on the park over the last 2 games. 

Agreed, we’ve truly chucked it.

Even still, I support Ayr regardless of how inept the manager/team/board are and want us to be playing at the highest level. If we don’t win the league, which is almost guaranteed now, I’ll be at the playoff games supporting as usual. If anyone can genuinely “not care” about the playoffs once we are actually in them, I can’t understand that.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Agreed, we’ve truly chucked it.

Even still, I support Ayr regardless of how inept the manager/team/board are and want us to be playing at the highest level. If we don’t win the league, which is almost guaranteed now, I’ll be at the playoff games supporting as usual. If anyone can genuinely “not care” about the playoffs once we are actually in them, I can’t understand that.

I don't think finishing second is almost guaranteed just as I never thought we were almost guaranteed the league before the last 2 debacles. 

I want us to be playing at the highest level as much as the next fan but I also want us to be competitive when we're there.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The other aspect which we have fucked is that even if we win the playoffs we have completely lost the chance of there being a part time side in the championship next season.

That really shouldn't be a factor, every time we've went up we've went up with a small team mentality, it's got us absolutely nowhere 3 times.

I've consigned ourselves to going through the play-offs, as long as we win them and get promoted i'm not caring about how we've chucked the league, yes we've chucked it but it's in the past and we can't change anything.

I couldn't care less about not winning the league if we go up through the play-offs.

I would hope all our other suporters have that view and back the team in the play offs like they bakced us yesterday.

Archived