East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considering heading up to this on Saturday. Am I right in saying the New Goth is no more? :(

It's dreadful now. Lost everything that was magnificent about it :(

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Almost as professional as having to dodge the Mad Max mob at the end of a match at Central Park, with the H & S implications.  

Assuming that why it's a 2pm kick-off this week? 

Yes. Earlier kick off just in case the match goes to the dreadful penalty shootout. Otherwise, it might be like a scene from Mad Max.

17 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

The older guy on the left side of the terracing who shouts the best swearing abuse at officials is quality. He can include five F words, 2 C words and many other harsh words in one sentence without taking a breath. His voice carries perfectly and you just have to laugh when he lets rip. 

Yet another thing to love about Cowden ;) .

Ah Hookey:lol:

6 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I really enjoyed the match on Saturday.

Brilliant away support from Cowdenbeath, great folk, smashing atmosphere, and all to play for next week.

As I understand it, a new stand is being completed in June behind the goal at K-Park which will increase capacity of seating to 750, more than enough to handle League 2 matches, going by the League 2 average attendances of just over 500. 

Be in no doubt, if EK become SPFL 2 members, the infrastructure will be in place to meet all requirements comfortably, which will make days like Saturday even more comfortable and enjoyable.

But improvements are supposedly being done regardless of outcome of match on Saturday.

I was looking around and though that car park behind the goal would be a good (only one really) place to put a stand in.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

He gets way with it. Doesn't even sound that bad. Don't think it gets too many officials on side though.

A ref complained about him last season:lol:

Funniest one I heard was up at Kelty in the pre season when the under 20s were playing in a tournament v Dundonald. I was in the enclosure with Hookey and his son just the 3 of us. A Bluebell player swore about something so Hookey shouted "Hey Scott watch the language there's Bairns here". Boy looks over and just started pishing himself laughing as he knew what he's like:lol:

18 hours ago, wulliemc said:

I thought it was shit. Its a glorified tennis court.

Had a seat but ended up standing on the top row of seats to watch the game.

Standing fans would have restricted view.

Stewards and staff not tuned to what is required for spfl2 if it happens.

I would say in defence when they built it in 2011 it would have been a really good set up for the purpose then, they had mostly juvenile sides and an adult amateur side. The Lowland League didn't exist then so was never built to his senior football.

Since then they have of course moved on at a rapid pace and now on the verge of the SPFL (although hopefully not next season). I had a look inside the pavilion and the facilities are excellent the away dressing room is a lot better than some sides higher than League 2.

I was speaking to one of their guys on Saturday and he was telling me about hold ups regarding their new stadium.

On 14/05/2017 at 13:42, Only coo in the village said:

You should try popping into the Red Goth in Lochore for an orange juice Cowdenbeath. They give you a Samurai sword and a baseball bat to protect yourself when you walk in.

try the crazy bar in ballingry if it's culture your'e looking for 

5 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Defender who cleared the ball after the keeper saved was in the box when the kick was taken. Should have been retaken.

Well spotted Beaver never noticed until you pointed it our. If he hadn't been there he wouldn't been able to clear.

Just now, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aye but would he have scored if it had been retaken? Doubt it.

Who knows, one we never will. The main point is if the boy wasn't in the box he wouldn't have got to the rebound.

Defender who cleared the ball after the keeper saved was in the box when the kick was taken. Should have been retaken.

And after punching the ball away from Moore to give away the penalty. Let's hope we put these cheats to the sword in front of a bumper crowd on Saturday.

Really need to get folk turning out for this in decent numbers, our biggest and most important game in our 136 years. Get all the young and not so young team into the old stand and generate some noise!

Really need to get folk turning out for this in decent numbers, our biggest and most important game in our 136 years. Get all the young and not so young team into the old stand and generate some noise!

Hopefully I'll be bringing along a few neutrals with me on Saturday after explaining the importance of the game for the club. The support could be as much as an extra man if we keep the positivity going for the 90 minutes. There's no place for anger and negativity if things start to go against us or if mistakes are made. Encouragement can give us success.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Andy

You are 100% correct, just back from the AGM & also a meeting around a club local community engagement opportunity.

I fully understand that watching Cowdenbeath over the past few seasons has frankly awful, heartbreaking & soul destroying I have felt that pain.  Under Gary Locke , Billy & Neil we have shown signs of recovery but the season can only politely be described as a massive let down to everyone involved with the club & the town & its proud history.

It is time now for everyone who wants the club to move forward to come along Saturday and visibly & vocally show their backing on what lets face it could be the teams final match as  an SPFL  club. EK are a team with ambition & desire we have to match that and more.

I appreciate the disappointment & frustration after back to back relegations & that money is tight & there are other options &  people have choices which I will always respect. I personally hope as many people as possible make the choice to back the team & believe in a positive way forward. The support home & away the past 10 or so games have been exceptional & warmly appreciated at every level.

We can do this by no means a given as we face tough committed  opposition but lets give this our all.

Archived