East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

How then are you handling catering for all these different areas of the ground? Toilet provision? Police and Stewarding requirements, etc. Every time we have segregation we get requests as to why cant we do x, y, z - and the reasons are always the same we come up with the most effective configuration bearing in mind economics and resources.

Fair enough.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure if it was well known but Carricks loan was due to expire before the match on Saturday. Thankfully Livingston and Cowden have agreed to an extension so he'll be fine to play!

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Any lads moaning about the being on the terracing, don't. It's a better place to watch football. It shouldn't be too cold and wet on Saturday so you'll be fine. 

Agree the process behind the home fans being in the old stand and I hope there's a good vocal backing.

Someone recommend me somewhere to get a bite to eat Saturday afternoon before the game please? The Indian is out as I'm trying to not be a fat c**t. My knowledge of Cowden doesn't extent past pubs and the football team sadly. 

Muzza the Diamond Bar  and Grill aka the Goth now serve food with some good feedback or although your trying to be good there is Darios chip shop where you can sit in or pub grub at Cross Guns or Wee Jimmies through the back. failing that plenty other outlets for filled rolls etc

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Get in the old stand and make some noise.

I sat in the old stand for years. Back when we were a really poor team year after year.

Hopefully not a repeat of when Arbroath knocked us out the play offs. I was in the old stand that day.

25 minutes ago, PELE said:

I sat in the old stand for years. Back when we were a really poor team year after year.

Hopefully not a repeat of when Arbroath knocked us out the play offs. I was in the old stand that day.

You stay away from the old stand then so you don't jinx it :lol:

I always sit in the new stand but tempted to go in the old stand as it would be great to get it packed for a great atmosphere 

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I actually might've, but I turn 25 this weekend and will be out Friday night, all day/night Saturday and during the day on Sunday. Not that you'll care like but I'll be hoping Cowdenbeath come through the tie.

That documentary broke my heart. ;)

If it was anyone other than EK and their sports centre ground that you were playing I may feel differently though.

Happy birthday, 1320. Getting old.

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

We're from Cowdenbeath,  a pissy 10ft high fence won't stop us:lol: I can remember meeting Vince on the pitch that day (I got invited on through the wee gate:angel) and his arms were all cut after climbing the fence:lol:

It was quite surreal on the pitch I met Gordon Brown:lol: although I don't think he was a fence jumper.

Reminds me of the woman who asked an athlete at the Olympic games: "Are you a pole vaulter?" He replied, "Nein, I am a German. But how did you know my name?"

No?

Ach well.

It's the way I tell them.

Beautiful day up here in Orkney. I'm on the boat tonight. C'mon, Cowden. You can do it. We can do it.

I’ll probably head along to the game as a neutral/to support Cowdenbeath. Just to be sure, Cowdenbeath fans will only be in the two mainstands (old & new) and EK fans will be in the terracing directly opposite?

I’ll probably head along to the game as a neutral/to support Cowdenbeath. Just to be sure, Cowdenbeath fans will only be in the two mainstands (old & new) and EK fans will be in the terracing directly opposite?

Correct.

17 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

I don't mind using the stand for a change under the circumstances. Think the club have done exactly the right thing and hopefully there will be a good bit of noise and atmosphere. Margins could be thin in this game and a good home backing might just help shade it for us. 

Yes. Taking the longer view, this game might even be more significant than Helicopter Saturday. On that day, the power of the support undoubtedly helped us win through.

10. FansWee Jimmie's.jpg

MixuatWJs.gif

Archived