East Kilbride v Cowdenbeath. 2nd Division play-off

4 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Enjoyed it today. Cowden should have been out of sight early on. Lots of nerves after equaliser. Big miss from EK at end of extra time (did he miss pen?). Surprised at district lack of vocal support from Cowden apart from start and end of game. Why do away goals not count though? Still decent crowd glad Berwick didn't have to through this.

No idea play offs 1st started on 05-06 and it has always been the same.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Gloating ? Who the f*ck is gloating, you f*cking dick. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate finishing last in the SFL. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate avoiding footballing oblivion by the skin of your teeth. I hope that you and the freaks who wished ill on Cowden get their comeuppance one day. Sit on the riverbank long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by. Karma is a bitch, especially for you Yellow Feet, you cee u next Tuesday.

Easy there tiger, you survived by the skin of your teeth, but you survived, so relax and look forward to next season

Don't really think Cowden have much reason to be gloating after finishing bottom of all professional clubs in Scotland, avoiding dropping out of the spfl altogether and completing a 3rd successive relegation by the grace of a single penalty save after a two-legged playoff game against a Lowland league team, who they failed to beat over 90 mins twice this season and once over 120 mins, all coming after playing a league game at Ibrox just over two years ago but ok.

Who's gloating exactly? Very subdued and dignified end to the penalty shoot-out. Very pleasing tho certainly. Enjoy your evening.

Well done Cowden. Only you, Shire and us know how it feels to be in the position you were in today. I still don't like the pyramid system but that's the way it is so hopefully it'll be somebody else's turn to go through it next season. 

3 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Well done Cowden. Only you, Shire and us know how it feels to be in the position you were in today. I still don't like the pyramid system but that's the way it is so hopefully it'll be somebody else's turn to go through it next season. 

I hope so-never want to attend another of these matches.phew

5 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Aye you don't know the pressure of it until it happens to you!

Absolutely gutted how this worked out over 2 legs. Despite their missed penalty we let  Cowdenbeath out of jail at K Park. As happens came back to haunt us today. Two massive positives

1. The magnificent EK supporters singing in the rain.

2. The manner in which Gary Locke and his players behaved at end . Pure class 

1 minute ago, ekok said:

Absolutely gutted how this worked out over 2 legs. Despite their missed penalty we let  Cowdenbeath out of jail at K Park. As happens came back to haunt us today. Two massive positives

1. The magnificent EK supporters singing in the rain.

2. The manner in which Gary Locke and his players behaved at end . Pure class 

Good luck for your cup final next week.

To the people pointing out how we've not managed to beat EK in 90 mins in three seperate games, I genuinely think the team they have is more than capable at competing at League 2 level. It's really not that much of a surprise. They'll get another crack at it next year.

As for the village idiot Messiah, gloating? Really? Only time I've gloated as Cowden supporter was when we gubbed you guys on your own patch after yet another embarrassing show from Jim 'The Money Sponge' Leishman. I think it would have taken us to drop out the league today to even get remotely close to how you twats were feeling on that fine day.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Well done on sneaking past East Kilbride on penalties. Hope you go one better next season and disappear forever x

3 years and 2 days, and still raw I see.

haha

Very good
Almost 1700

Well done Cowden, dread to think how excruciating the pens were because saving our arses with 10 minutes left two years ago was bad enough.
See you next season.

It would be great to see even a quarter of that get out on a regular basis. The lure of Sky Sports is too much nowadays. b*****ds.

I missed the first 20 minutes and was pleased to find myself a spot in the back corner of the old stand.

Thought it was a decent enough game and while I probably missed cowdens best spell I thought that EK played some good football and will be gutted to have lost on penalties. After EK equalised I felt there was a sense of resignation amongst the Cowdenbeath fans

First ever visit to cowdenbeath and it's fair to say my expectations were low I actually thought it's an ok ground. All looks well cared for and even hot water in the gent's!

There was room for about 20 or so more in the far corner but otherwise the home end was full.

Massive relief today. May have been 1700 there, but disappointingly, made no more noise than on any other week. Battled hard against a good side. Well done Cowden, especially the penalty takers and of course the wee lad in goals. [emoji5]️

38 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Enjoyed it today. Cowden should have been out of sight early on. Lots of nerves after equaliser. Big miss from EK at end of extra time (did he miss pen?). Surprised at district lack of vocal support from Cowden apart from start and end of game. Why do away goals not count though? Still decent crowd glad Berwick didn't have to through this.

Never counted domestically.

Little 'travel' factor - often little 'home support' factor.

Gloating ? Who the f*ck is gloating, you f*cking dick. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate finishing last in the SFL. There is absolutely nothing to celebrate avoiding footballing oblivion by the skin of your teeth. I hope that you and the freaks who wished ill on Cowden get their comeuppance one day. Sit on the riverbank long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by. Karma is a bitch, especially for you Yellow Feet, you cee u next Tuesday.

[emoji23]

Thank you for validating me

Archived