New Kits for 17/18

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Stunning? It's the colour of a blood-infused shite.

If your defacation is black and maroon on a regular basis, I would suggest consulting a medical professional tbh. Think both tops look fine, and black/maroon does seem to be Arbroath's most-used away colours.

On the other side of the pond, Schalke gets a type of camouflage from adidas that screams 'we couldn't be bothered to design something proper';

thumb.aspx.jpg

Aberdeen's new training top is quite nice

C_pkavLWAAAET6o.jpg

Spoiler

I know it's the real home shirt and yes I know it would've been funnier had I not said it already in the Aberdeen thread

That home top is absolutely stunning, I would love our new home top to look like that. Even the away top is really nice. Different as you don't often see black and maroon together.

We had it last season and it was a big favourite think that's why it's made a return...

IMG_1494627632.430273.jpg

Aberdeen's new training top is quite nice
C_pkavLWAAAET6o.jpg

Spoiler I know it's the real home shirt and yes I know it would've been funnier had I not said it already in the Aberdeen thread

Like it but dont see the reason to put the massive Adidas logo below the sponsor

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

Like it but dont see the reason to put the massive Adidas logo below the sponsor

That one was funny the first 5 times I seen it. Now you're just getting a sharp exhale of breath out my nose

2 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

The Doncaster Badge is pretty intriguing, it looks like the kind of Badge you'd expect from a Russian or Ukrainian team.

Always thought it looked like a viking myself.

The Mo' will be wearing new Nike templates so as to look like England next season;

thumb.aspx.jpg

IIRC there was a teaser video earlier for the Newcastle kit in which it showed them going back to red numbers (and lettering as well I'd imagine. Newcastle ever had red lettering or was it before players started having their names on the back?)

1 hour ago, Dave1875 said:

Newcastle United home kit (with commemorative 125 year badge)

Hide contents

Newcastle+United+17-18+Home+Kit+%25282%2

Hide contents

Fun88?? FFS,  Football has almost become like horse racing, a sport solely for the purpose of betting. It's also terrible, I thought kit makers stopped doing the button collar in the 90s

4 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Fun88?? FFS,  Football has almost become like horse racing, a sport solely for the purpose of betting. It's also terrible, I thought kit makers stopped doing the button collar in the 90s

Considering Puma, Nike & even a few Adidas have used button collars in the last few years... I don't think they really stopped, just used it less and it's now on somewhat a comeback

1 minute ago, Dave1875 said:

Considering Puma, Nike & even a few Adidas have used button collars in the last few years... I don't think they really stopped, just used it less and it's now on somewhat a comeback

Fair point,  just the Newcastle one just reminds me of the Shearer era Blackburn Rovers jerseys. My original point still stands thought, I think half the English Premier clubs were sponsored by betting companies this season

Just now, Torpar said:

Fair point,  just the Newcastle one just reminds me of the Shearer era Blackburn Rovers jerseys. My original point still stands thought, I think half the English Premier clubs were sponsored by betting companies this season

Yeah, seems to have overtaken alcohol as the most common sponsorship. Trying to remember if we've still got one season of Marathon Bet left or if their contract expired the same as Nike's did. Think William Hill is the only big name betting company I've not seen as a shirt sponsor (outside of their stint with Malaga)

6 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

IIRC there was a teaser video earlier for the Newcastle kit in which it showed them going back to red numbers (and lettering as well I'd imagine. Newcastle ever had red lettering or was it before players started having their names on the back?)

Never had red numbers since Umbro days prior to 93 promotion, so no red letters. Looks not bad sponsor huge improvement on wonga. Puma still pretty poor other than the crazy African strips. Yellow and green away strip would be nice.

Archived