New Kits for 17/18

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Nike are taking the pish now.

Absolute guff brand.

As much as I agree with this in general, I think our home this year is the nicest strip we've had in years and I was a big fan of the recent Errea strips.

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:34, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why are Charlton making a big deal of the 1992/3 season and being "Back at the Valley"? Is it simply a 25th anniversary thing or (cynic alert) is it a way for the owner to make himself less hated?

In 1984 financial matters came to a head and the club went into administration, to be reformed as Charlton Athletic. (1984) Ltd.[1] although the club's finances were still far from secure. They were forced to leave the Valley just after the start of the 1985–86 season, after its safety was criticised by Football League officials in the wake of the Bradford City stadium fire. The club began to groundshare with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park[1] and this arrangement looked to be for the long-term, as Charlton did not have enough funds to revamp the Valley to meet safety requirements.

However, the club was forced to sell players such as Rob Lee to help pay for a return to The Valley, which eventually happened in December 1992

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.#Back_to_The_Valley

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

I know about that, I'm just wondering why they were doing something specifically this season - it's the 25th anniversary but as I said previously, the cynic in me wonders if it's a way for their horrid chairman to try and earn some goodwill.

Archived