Cherry picking

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hutton was already at Queen of the South and was shan. Apparently he also played three games for us but that has been mercifully repressed from my memory. 

Until we secure a competent goalkeeper to put flapper Gaston on the bench then the prospect of signing Hutton or some other clownshoes diddy gives me The Fear. 

34 minutes ago, virginton said:

Hutton was already at Queen of the South and was shan. Apparently he also played three games for us but that has been mercifully repressed from my memory. 

Until we secure a competent goalkeeper to put flapper Gaston on the bench then the prospect of signing Hutton or some other clownshoes diddy gives me The Fear. 

Four actually: he was second choice to Gaston in 12/13, who mercifully remained fit all season, meaning Hutton's only games were against Albion Rovers in the cup when we drew 1-1 and David Graham tried to square go a fan at full-time, and the three dead rubbers at the end of the season after Thistle won the league. Other than our customary win at Livingston, we had a 2-0 defeat at home to Hamilton and a 4-1 defeat at Falkirk.

Surprised he didn't get a new contract tbh.

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:10, P475 said:

So which players would you take from the teams that may well go down this season? Even from teams that are safe, or going up (teams going up may off load some players for what they consider better quality) 

I'd have M'Voto from raith in a heartbeat, he is about the best player they have imo. I'd also have Devlin from Ayr too. 

Raith will get some better players when Cowdenbeath go down, I'm sure they'll have to off load many of their players :)

who would you take from other teams in this league? 

M'voto would be a decent signing for anyone in the Championship - he was brilliant for us majority of the season - unfortunately gash the last few weeks!

I do have a feeling he may set his sights higher than the championship however. He could probably do a job for teams in the lower half of the SPL, or in the lower leagues in England, so we shall wait and see. No way we'll be able to keep him now we've gone down, and to be honest, I think I'd have been surprised if he was here next season even if we had stayed up!

13 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

M'voto would be a decent signing for anyone in the Championship - he was brilliant for us majority of the season - unfortunately gash the last few weeks!

I do have a feeling he may set his sights higher than the championship however. He could probably do a job for teams in the lower half of the SPL, or in the lower leagues in England, so we shall wait and see. 

tim.png

13 minutes ago, GhostZapper said:

I do have a feeling he may set his sights higher than the championship however. He could probably do a job for teams in the lower half of the SPL, or in the lower leagues in England, so we shall wait and see. No way we'll be able to keep him now we've gone down, and to be honest, I think I'd have been surprised if he was here next season even if we had stayed up!

Maybe see Mckinnon picking him up . Edjenguele and Durnan aren't up to much.

17 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

I'll have some of what you're having

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just watched the highlights of the brechin game. Feck me he's murder.

as I said in one of my earlier posts.... he was solid up to the last fortnight of the season... won the player of the year,.... then I imagine had his head turned by speaking to other clubs, and went totally off the boil!

Archived