Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

Our South Stand is unreserved seating. We must've sold it out at least a dozen times since it was built and I've never seen a problem. Likewise at Dumbarton last week 

It's the Dundee United away support. There will be problems.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

As I've said elsewhere, United will, in their wisdom, alter the entry arrangements, possibly on Monday or even Tuesday, and the likelihood is there will be cash gates on the night.

There were cash gates last night, but no official announcement as far as I recall.

So Bairns, you're probably getting wet for nothing in a queue.

If they did a cash gate in the shed I may rip up my ticket and sit in there.

Hate the fair play stand 

Given the way that gate receipts are split evenly, it doesn't mean there will be any real financial incentive for United to give Falkirk any more tickets. As I've said in the United thread, I think they should and it is a joke that the club aren't trying to maximise the crowd but if it is more a psychological thing by limiting sales and giving Falkirk a side rather than an end then it isn't costing United much money.

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Given the way that gate receipts are split evenly, it doesn't mean there will be any real financial incentive for United to give Falkirk any more tickets. 

It's a safety issue if Falkirk fans try to buy in the home end.

It's a safety issue if Falkirk fans try to buy in the home end.

Yes it is, I was just pointing out that from a financial point of view the club aren't desperately needing to sell an extra 750-1000 tickets.

In reality I reckon we would only have taken 1750-2000 anyway. Opening another stand to accommodate a couple of hundred isn't worth it.1500 is plenty for a Tuesday night. I've got my ticket and the queues were too bad when I left.

Suddenly became pessimistic after the result last night. Houston needs to get the starting 11 right with Kerr being dropped for Taiwo. Can see both starting though. 

Correct. You could stick them in a section each and they'd still manage to complain about someone being in the wrong seat.

I guess that United have already started several different fan groups to protest the unreserved seating & have blamed it all on Stephen Thompson.

21 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

In reality I reckon we would only have taken 1750-2000 anyway. Opening another stand to accommodate a couple of hundred isn't worth it.1500 is plenty for a Tuesday night. I've got my ticket and the queues were too bad when I left.

Suddenly became pessimistic after the result last night. Houston needs to get the starting 11 right with Kerr being dropped for Taiwo. Can see both starting though. 

Should have just put us in the Shed tbh. Doesn't it hold about 2000? 

Archived