Utd V Bairns - Bairns V Utd

Guest Back Post Misses

Spot on. Muirhead is a centre-half, end of. Luca isn't good enough, far too error prone. Those 3 in rotation would solid.

I would be getting someone in beside Grant.
I like Muirhead's attitude but he sold the jersey's last night and his distribution is poor.

Also need a leader in the midfield and someone of quality beside Austin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be getting someone in beside Grant.
I like Muirhead's attitude but he sold the jersey's last night and his distribution is poor.

Also need a leader in the midfield and someone of quality beside Austin

Grant was a massive loss to you last night. When we had a bit of momentum your back four became a shambles. They lacked someone to guide them through the last half hour, Grant would have been able to do that.

Haven't read any of the thread since before the game and expect it's full of gloating mainly by Morton and Hibs fans? 

We just didn't do enough on the night to merit a win and I thought, although we had a lot of the ball, we didn't look dangerous while Utd had the better chances. Thought Kerr, Leahy, Sibbs were our best whilst Austin and Thomson picked the wrong game to give us their worst performances. I assume that McKee was injured as that's surely a waste of a substitution otherwise? I also think he should have brought on Miller instead of McHugh and should have had Hippo on a lot earlier than he did.

Good luck to Utd in the final; if it's Hamilton I think they'll have a good chance but I think ICT may be too tough.

Don't know where we go from here? I wouldn't be surprised if Houstie chucked it TBH as I see a lot of players, including Sibbs, leaving in the summer and can't see the BOD pushing the boat out to bring in the quality that we'll need.

10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Got home too late last night for any comment on the game. I've also been standing in the rain for an hour and a half to get a ticket for Thursday.

Looking back on last night it was one of those unbelievable half hours of football that certainly stand up against some of the most memorable United moments for me. I still think over the two games Falkirk were the better team overall and I was astonished that in the second half last night they seemed to disappear completely. We found an incredible energy from nowhere with Simon Murray getting through an unbelievable amount of work. I thought that tactically we were all over the shop for 60 minutes and I was definitely cursing the performances of 7 or 8 of our players (all is forgiven now!)

I'll echo the general theme of this thread and say that I've thoroughly enjoyed the last two games and I've also enjoyed all the discussions with the Falkirk posters who are a good bunch. I do worry about next season for you though, only because I wonder if this might be a watershed season where the squad might get pulled apart a little and maybe Houston runs out of steam after a few attempts at promotion. In saying that though the setup at Falkirk is great and it is one that regardless of who is in the division next year you will still be challenging quite comfortably. I admire a lot of what Falkirk do, in particular with the local community.

As for us, of course I would love to win the final but in a strange way the two legs against Falkirk seemed like the big one for me. I'm only saying that because if we do lose against ICT/Hamilton then we've at least had enough of a go at it that I think most fans wouldn't be too devastated for another crack at the Championship title next season.

Finally, despite being pretty poor last night I still have love for Wato "what ya gonna do" Kuate. His celebrations at the end were hilarious.

You seem like a thoroughly decent chap!

As for us, of course I would love to win the final but in a strange way the two legs against Falkirk seemed like the big one for me. I'm only saying that because if we do lose against ICT/Hamilton then we've at least had enough of a go at it that I think most fans wouldn't be too devastated for another crack at the Championship title next season.

Finally, despite being pretty poor last night I still have love for Wato "what ya gonna do" Kuate. His celebrations at the end were hilarious.

Genuinely, I think you will go up. And hope you do too.

You appear to have the ability to pull something out of the bag when you look down.

The issue will probably be how competitive you will be in the top flight without spending much though.

Unlucky the Bairns. 

Theres nothing worse than seeing your team implode when they are on top. 

It it won't get any better next season either. The Pars will ream you lot 4 out of 4 next season :rolleyes:

Genuinely, I think you will go up. And hope you do too.

You appear to have the ability to pull something out of the bag when you look down.

The issue will probably be how competitive you will be in the top flight without spending much though.

I don't think the board or the management have planned for promotion. I think they obviously hope for it (and we definitely need the money) but I think they have settled for a shot at next season's Championship title. If we did go up then I'd worry about recruitment and preparation for the top flight. I'd be under no illusion that next season we would be aiming for survival as our only objective.

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Haven't read any of the thread since before the game and expect it's full of gloating mainly by Morton and Hibs fans? 

We just didn't do enough on the night to merit a win and I thought, although we had a lot of the ball, we didn't look dangerous while Utd had the better chances. Thought Kerr, Leahy, Sibbs were our best whilst Austin and Thomson picked the wrong game to give us their worst performances. I assume that McKee was injured as that's surely a waste of a substitution otherwise? I also think he should have brought on Miller instead of McHugh and should have had Hippo on a lot earlier than he did.

Good luck to Utd in the final; if it's Hamilton I think they'll have a good chance but I think ICT may be too tough.

Don't know where we go from here? I wouldn't be surprised if Houstie chucked it TBH as I see a lot of players, including Sibbs, leaving in the summer and can't see the BOD pushing the boat out to bring in the quality that we'll need.

No chance the BOD will get it right. They always get it wrong.

4 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

I hope your suffering pain and heartbreak like never before you tedious bore. 

I am not so hard luck. I am just fine thanks.

You spend all your time on hear wishing bad things on other people and telling fibs about what you did when you were young.

You really need to chill out a bit and talk to someone about things.

You sad, sick person.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You spend all your time on hear wishing bad things on other people and telling fibs about what you did when you were young.

You sad, sick person.

And you spend your time pretending you were some sort of football casual back in the day, absolute Walter Mitty.

34 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Its easy to like a guy like Kuate, but my god is he a liability!

You can track almost every Falkirk goal and chance down to him not tracking a runner or losing the ball too easily.

Guest Back Post Misses
Unlucky the Bairns. 
Theres nothing worse than seeing your team implode when they are on top. 
It it won't get any better next season either. The Pars will ream you lot 4 out of 4 next season :rolleyes:

Ooofftt, read that back to yourself and ask did I really write that

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You sad, sick person.

"Hear"

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Am calm. Am away to enjoy my Saturday.

Enjoy your day on P&B.

I'm sure you will enjoy your tear stained day watching the game back over and over hoping for a different outcome, unfortunately for you it'll always be the same ending. Falkirk will always end up the bridesmaid. Better luck next year, m8. Enjoy your day.

Archived