Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

Too many players have downed tools - took Lamont lunging in on someone to give us something to shout about. 

Hopefully recent humpings will pit clubs off Archie (every cloud n all that..)

I thought McInnes n Archie were supposed to be pals? Could have brought the kids on after 0-3 or let us have 15 players on the park..

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think an apology to the fans is in order. That was shocking. I know we lacked first team players out on the field but I'm sorry Archie WTF!? Great gaffer as he's been this past 4-5 years that is embarrassing. Not 1 top 6 win. 4 loses on the bounce. Clearly not good enough to be in the top 6. Players thinking about the beach in Southern Europe already.

Our defense has been excellent since the New Year. To lose 16 goals in 5 games is ridiculous. Thought we'd step it up and get a win or two. At least be competitive, Celtic aside. How wrong I was.

I think an apology to the fans is in order. That was shocking. I know we lacked first team players out on the field but I'm sorry Archie WTF!? Great gaffer as he's been this past 4-5 years that is embarrassing. Not 1 top 6 win. 4 loses on the bounce. Clearly not good enough to be in the top 6. Players thinking about the beach in Southern Europe already.

Our defense has been excellent since the New Year. To lose 16 goals in 5 games is ridiculous. Thought we'd step it up and get a win or two. At least be competitive, Celtic aside. How wrong I was.

Headsgone

If it's any consolation to Thistle fans, Saints did the same the first time we reached the top six, actually even worse. We lost all five games (shipped five at Motherwell) and only scored one goal, a penalty. It's a step up when you make the top six in terms of it's a hard game every week. I'm sure the manager and players will learn from it, Saints certainly did.

6 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I thought McInnes n Archie were supposed to be pals? Could have brought the kids on after 0-3 or let us have 15 players on the park..

He probably ordered them to let the Dons have a good training session  ahead of next week & not to bother too much.

Nothing to play for, just a winding down exercise for Thistle.

We're better than 6 other teams in the league, so yeah, we're good enough to be top 6.

Calm the f**k down.

Never heard an opposition chant applauded at Firhill before.
Genuinely not bothered by the score.
Good luck to The Famous next week.
FTOF. OTIG

What chant was applauded manny? I'm interested.

Ta for the good luck message. Dons will be up against it but let's hope they just go at them.
Whatever happens, whatever the rumours are as regards Jack, Shinnie needs to be the skipper next week. He is an inspiration and the best leader Aberdeen have had since Russell and better than many before that. The lad is relentless, just a ball of energy. Him being out today makes the scoreline even more surprising.

Thistle have had a good season and whenever I've watched them I've enjoyed it. Lot of changes in a dead rubber of a game for them?

I was on the pitch after the game for a presentation to Kris Doolan our new left back.
I was pleased that I could offer Derek McInnes my personal best wishes for his team next week.
Stand Free!

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I was on the pitch after the game for a presentation to Kris Doolan our new left back.
I was pleased that I could offer Derek McInnes my personal best wishes for his team next week.
Stand Free!

luvbutton.jpg.c3d81912f848ab9151fb0642951e36ea.jpg

This season must, to a certain degree, have been quite frustrating for Aberdeen. They way they've played over the course of this season would probably have won them the league the previous two seasons yet, although they are significantly better than 10 teams, they finish a distant second.

They were utterly ruthless in how they exploited our weaknesses. It was impressive as it was painful to watch.

5 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

This season must, to a certain degree, have been quite frustrating for Aberdeen. They way they've played over the course of this season would probably have won them the league the previous two seasons yet, although they are significantly better than 10 teams, they finish a distant second.

They were utterly ruthless in how they exploited our weaknesses. It was impressive as it was painful to watch.

If we'd performed like this last season and won the league it wouldn't have counted anyway cos ra berz weren't in the league.

It's all about small but consistent improvements for us now. If we can improve the squad a little at a time for the next few transfer windows, we should have a squad good enough to get into the Europa League group stages. At that point you can start to push the boat out a little bit more. We'll never challenge Celtic at least until we have that kind of money coming in regularly.

The weakness of not wanting to have a painful hammy when getting to Mykonos.

Archived