Partick Thistle v Aberdeen

38 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Very odd hearing songs coming from the home end though, even at 0-6 down. Nowhere near enough miserable c***s in your support, sort it out eh.

What else can you do, really? Shouting abuse at guys like Edwards or Lawless who are having a nightmare isn't going to help.

Could always have left early, I suppose, and many did, but there were a few of us that wanted to stay behind to give the players a send off for what has still been a really good season... just a shame that the majority of them weren't interested and were straight down the tunnel at FT; a pretty fitting finale after the last few weeks.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Oh, and Azeez really needs to learn how to fuckin finish one-on-ones. Shocking shooting from the lad. 

Azeez needs to continue his football education elsewhere. Sorry, Ade, but with our budget we cannot afford to carry a 3-goals-a-season striker.

Azeez needs to continue his football education elsewhere. Sorry, Ade, but with our budget we cannot afford to carry a 3-goals-a-season striker.

Exactly. Most of the happy clappers will point to the work he does out with the box. However, I would rather have a striker that could score more than two league goals a season.

From the gutless performance of the players to the utter farce at half time, it was a shambolic end to a great season. As much as it's been a great season - and it has been despite what some knicker wetters would have you believe after this week - we do have quite a few areas to improve on next year, namely stamping out the concession of countless costly goals in the last quarter of games. 

I hope to never see Lawless play as a wing back again and hope to never see Amoo play again, full stop; a charlatan who really should have been cut loose last summer. From a statto at the game, I believe that was Azeez's 20th one-on-one this season. And his 20th miss. I want the boy to do well but f*cking give me strength. If the tenuous rumours that Murray has signed a deal for next season are true, I'd pack the big man back down south.

Edwards' continues to embody certain Thistle fans' misinterpretation of effort and desire as footballing ability. Barton is a pretty bog standard central midfielder but a quite excellent sweeper; very similar to Paterson when Lambie flirted with the notion of playing him in front of the defence for a while. We're a far better team with him in defence and I hope to see him there from next season.

I thought the young boys acquitted themselves well in difficult circumstances. Young Fleming is another few years away from being near the first team but handled his debut well and put a couple of decent crosses over. Could have gotten back in quicker on a couple of occasions though. McCarthy is full of effort and puts himself about, not dissimilar to Bannigan when he first broke through but not as technically gifted from the times I've seen him. McLaughlin has filled out from the last time I'd seen him and given his impressive season in the 20's, hopeful that he'll be around the first team next year.

Whoever thought that half-time nonsense was a good idea should be strung up and thrown in the Clyde. Embarrassing and utterly pathetic to continue to rehash '71. Had they done it on Thursday night, it might have been slightly more acceptable as a wind-up to the visiting support but it had absolutely no place yesterday and only served to massage the egos of some of the trumpets who took part who seize any opportunity to be in the spotlight. I can just about accept marking landmark anniversaries of the win but would rather it was left to sit in the annals of history where it belongs.

15 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Whoever thought that half-time nonsense was a good idea should be strung up and thrown in the Clyde. Embarrassing and utterly pathetic to continue to rehash '71. Had they done it on Thursday night, it might have been slightly more acceptable as a wind-up to the visiting support but it had absolutely no place yesterday and only served to massage the egos of some of the trumpets who took part who seize any opportunity to be in the spotlight. I can just about accept marking landmark anniversaries of the win but would rather it was left to sit in the annals of history where it belongs.

As shite as it was (and to think they actually had rehearsals :lol:), you could almost understand it if it was some sort of anniversary of the result.  But the final took place in October 1971, so to 'commemorate' it in May against a completely different team was truly bizarre.

Yesterday was a shambles from start to finish.

32 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Barton is a pretty bog standard central midfielder but a quite excellent sweeper; very similar to Paterson when Lambie flirted with the notion of playing him in front of the defence for a while. We're a far better team with him in defence and I hope to see him there from next season.

You'd think that's where he'll end up if - and it's a BIG if - we start the season with Bannigan and Osman in midfield.

A superb afternoon to finish off a great league season. To achieve a record points tally is fantastic and the team and McInnes deserve a lot of credit for it.

Not too much to take from the game given that Thistle were plying with their minds firmly on the beach. However:

• Scott Wright was magnificent. Tore Thistle to shreds from start to finish and gave the wide players a torrid afternoon. Positive signs of progression from the young lad
  • Ryan Christie is a superb player and the fact he can't get in the Celtic team playing as well as he has for us, it shows how far ahead they are of us. Really hope to see him back next season
  • We slowed up considerably in our play when Ryan Jack came on. The ball moved a lot slower through the middle of the park which was disappointing
  • Ash Taylor had an alright game but the big selection dilemma next week is him at centre half with O'Connor in midfield or O'Connor in defence with Ryan Jack in the middle of the park. Huge dilemma given Ash's usual blunders against Celtic

Apart from that, struggling to report too much. Our football was a joy to watch and it was the perfect preparation for the final.

15 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Jack may well head to the ****. He'll be booed to high hell if he goes. At the moment though, he's not said anything, he's not done anything. It's all paper talk, all from Pedro. He did not deserve some of the treatment he got, and I was glad that it, mostly, dissipated as the game wore on. O'Connor has been good, but Shinnie, Jack, McLean is our first choice midfield, and he's our captain. He plays in the cup final. If we win, if he lifts the trophy, noone will be chanting *** *** ***. Interestingly though, he wasn't wearing the armband when he did come on in the second half. 

I totally agree with this especially as it is paper talk from the weegie media which is best ignored. To me this was the only down side of yesterday was fans booing Jack at the start of the game and also at the start of the second half - the looks from McInnes and Shinnie said it all what the management and the players thought of it, thankfully by the time the sixth goal went in the booing had stopped. I did think it was interesting that McLean was captain the first half and then Considine in the 2nd half so think it is looks like Shinnie will be captain on Saturday.

Wonderful fitba again from the dons again and to see Scott Wright get a hat-trick was fantastic but what I really liked when he scored the first was the team spirit which all the players (apart from Lewis) ran up to him to celebrate the goal - about time Derek McInnes takes a chance with some of the kids if this is the type performance they put in. 

That half time entertainment - WTF

Archived