Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Baird signs for the Loons as a player/assistant manager, this move sees Barry Sellars revert back to a coaching position!

Quality signing for Forfar, would have welcomed him back to Links Park.

4 hours ago, Judge said:

Quality signing for Forfar, would have welcomed him back to Links Park.

Was more than impressed with John Baird when he was at Montrose and have followed his career since then. Him and Hilson should give us some pace up top and, hopefully, GOALS!

Impressive early signing for Jim Weir. 

Was more than impressed with John Baird when he was at Montrose and have followed his career since then. Him and Hilson should give us some pace up top and, hopefully, GOALS!
Impressive early signing for Jim Weir. 
The new Stevie Crawford ? Hopefully not..

I'll always have fond memories for Baird with his ridiculous workrate. Him and Tade up front were hilarious, as we'd hoof the ball to them (shocker) and they'd be causing defenders all sorts of problems with their movement and pace. If they marked one too tight, the other was right in among the mix. Also, his goal in the Ramsden's Cup to ruin Rangers in the final was incredible. 

On paper this looks a great signing on the park for us, off the park i think this may also be a decent move, for me Barry has always just been a coach just not commanding or vocal enough (i watched enough U/20 games ) all in all it may work out for everyone.

Greg Hurst has just been given a new deal by Saints.I am interested to find out what Forfar fans think of him and if you reckon he has the quality to play in the premiership

Nowhere near ready for that.

Has shown flashes of talent but needs to develop further in L1, then Championship before getting a crack at the Premiership.

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Nowhere near ready for that.

Has shown flashes of talent but needs to develop further in L1, then Championship before getting a crack at the Premiership.

Thanks,So perhaps another loan deal to a championship club next season would be in his best interest 

8 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Thanks,So perhaps another loan deal to a championship club next season would be in his best interest 

possibly - but when he was with us in L1, he didn't show enough to  even justify a starting place every week, so he may need another L1/L2 season before trying the championship.  He's young enough yet to improve over a couple of seasons and work his way up.

9 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Based on what he showed at us there is no chance he would cut it at Championship level.

Our young striker is a better prospect. He kept Hurst out of the starting eleven over a number of weeks.
That said, Hurst definitely has something about him, I wish him all the best for his future development.

2 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Our young striker is a better prospect. He kept Hurst out of the starting eleven over a number of weeks.
That said, Hurst definitely has something about him, I wish him all the best for his future development.

Your young striker is that Matthew Aitken that you are talking about ?

Archived