Forfar Athletic 2017-18

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Against us next Tuesday

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

They've been making a fight of it all season, 4th top goal scorers in the league, 7th top in the SPFL.  They are just awful at the back though.

I'm sure we can rely on our Smokietown friends to do the business. Looks like it could be a goal fest.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Wonder if Brotherston will be in the mini Loons squad for some game time tonight?

Would be nice to see what he's about.

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Wonder if Brotherston will be in the mini Loons squad for some game time tonight?

Would be nice to see what he's about.

A quick look at his stats on Wiki suggests he is a young striker who is finding goals hard to come by.  With  him, Peters and Hurst on the bench we will be spoiled for choice.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

A quick look at his stats on Wiki suggests he is a young striker who is finding goals hard to come by.  With  him, Peters and Hurst on the bench we will be spoiled for choice.

Aren't you forgetting someone :whistle

We have to give Brotherston a chance. You never know.

As for the other 2, ............................... :shutup

Hope the Smokies can do the necessary at Coatbridge tonight, might ease the nerves a tad.

Arbroath left it late but have come up with the goods.  We are 4 points clear of Albion R and 5 clear of QP. having to play them both in the run in. Let's hope we can get it done and dusted early and not have to go to Airdrie looking for a win and/or having to rely on Arbroath beating QP on helicopter Saturday.

3 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Surely he will play tonight, no point in playing the likes of Josh in these games now.

He was on the pitch but ....... did not inspire, though he was out on the right wing and not playing up front.

A good game to watch and winning 2-0 helped. The second goal a lot like Eastons on Saturday.

The young lads (and McNaughton) never giving up and harrying the opposition, any time they had the ball, for the whole 90 mins.

Jamie Gill on as a sub, so he must have ben getting game time when he played for Tayport last week.

Just an observation - I've managed to see most of the mini Loons home games this season and, if there were an award going for youth player of the same , I think Jack Allan would be in with a good shout.

He's really improved in mid-field, seems to have time on the ball, by making himself available in space, and usually has a good pass rate. Tends to keep things simple and very good at linking up play.

I know it's still squeeky bum time for the 1st team at the moment, but it would be nice if he could get a run out, or three, with the big boys next season. 

Just an observation - I've managed to see most of the mini Loons home games this season and, if there were an award going for youth player of the same , I think Jack Allan would be in with a good shout.
He's really improved in mid-field, seems to have time on the ball, by making himself available in space, and usually has a good pass rate. Tends to keep things simple and very good at linking up play.
I know it's still squeeky bum time for the 1st team at the moment, but it would be nice if he could get a run out, or three, with the big boys next season. 

You're his dad then ? ....

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

You're his dad then ? ....

I was going to add a disclaimer that I was in no way related, and I'm not, but too late now.:)

Just thought I would highlight a positive, as I see it.

9 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Millar's freekick at Raith was the best I've seen, not on the list?

43 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Millar's freekick at Raith was the best I've seen, not on the list?

Yep.

And Dingwall's long range effort against Stranraer in Feb, but I think that was the game the camera was awol.

Archived