Forfar Athletic 2017-18

I thought Travis might have signed for us next season sp did try and get him last year in sure.

And nearly did last season , only signed again due to his loyalty of forfar paying for his op and recovery or would of been a Montrose player this season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And nearly did last season , only signed again due to his loyalty of forfar paying for his op and recovery or would of been a Montrose player this season

Can’t see Travis staying at forfar tbh, wouldn’t be surprised him moving on at end of season which would be disappointing

On 10/02/2018 at 17:31, tbsouth said:

The whole point of replacing a manager is to make things better, now having laptop formations etc may be a good thing in the modern game but it still doesn't guarantee points, i have said before that our lack of goal threat will be our downfall this season.

2 huge games coming up before the big 3.....our season will be decided very shortly.

Agree 100%  

With Munro and Travis suspended for Saturday much will depend on Whyte being fit. We have McNaughton and Malone who could cover if push comes to shove.

SCOTT McBRIDE.  Not everyones favourite player but lets look at the facts. In the two seasons he was with Albion Rovers he played 59 games in league 1 scoring 10 goals in the process. Albion Rovers wanted to keep him and Bollan had to top their offer to bring him to Forfar. He is 28 years old, probably one of our top wage earners yet Weir refuses to play him, preferring to play a couple of on loan kids who are only at Forfar for the experience and  to get some gametime. Do you really think they are that bothered if we win or lose.

We are fighting for League 1 survival.

Agree 100%  
With Munro and Travis suspended for Saturday much will depend on Whyte being fit. We have McNaughton and Malone who could cover if push comes to shove.
SCOTT McBRIDE.  Not everyones favourite player but lets look at the facts. In the two seasons he was with Albion Rovers he played 59 games in league 1 scoring 10 goals in the process. Albion Rovers wanted to keep him and Bollan had to top their offer to bring him to Forfar. He is 28 years old, probably one of our top wage earners yet Weir refuses to play him, preferring to play a couple of on loan kids who are only at Forfar for the experience and  to get some gametime. Do you really think they are that bothered if we win or lose.
We are fighting for League 1 survival.

McBride has done nothing on the pitch to be included in the first team, he's had his chances and failed to provide any reason for being on the pitch.
Bollan didn't want him ("I don't rate him") at Cowdenbeath when Weir tried to unload him off the wage bill.
No thanks.

I'm hoping Whyte's substitution was precautionary given he's the only centre back we have available.

If Whyte is fit then we need to go 3 at the back(Bain & MacIntosh) in my opinion because no-one else (Malone or McNaughton) is up to filling in as an out and out centre back. One of those two sitting in front of the defence to protect it.

Not that I would expect it from Weir but we should be going all out attack this week with the defence as it will be.

12 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Why not give McBride a chance up top? Can’t get much worse!
He’s tall & powerful could potentially cause some issues to teams defensese?

Quite simply because he has been f***ing awful for us, apart from a header during pre season all i have seen is him getting his legs tangled up and giving the ball away, so can we just forget about scraping the barrel in wanting to fit him in 'anywhere'??

20 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Quite simply because he has been f***ing awful for us, apart from a header during pre season all i have seen is him getting his legs tangled up and giving the ball away, so can we just forget about scraping the barrel in wanting to fit him in 'anywhere'??

So MacIver it is then!

Where? 
Dingwall Whyte  Malone Bain
Aiken Millar Mcintosh Eason
      Hurst         Starkey
Probably about as good as it gets
Bain at RB please, where he is comfortable at the back and effective going forward. Mackintosh at LB, he looked ok there on Saturday.
Aitken hasn't offered much in midfield when he's been pushed back there, much better up front. He doesn't lose many headers, so Hurst or Hilson to play off his shoulder.
That leaves Millar and Easton in the middle.
Malone or McNaughton in CB/midfield.
Ach, 433 and throw on Josh upfront too and have 3 hassling the defence [emoji1] .

Actually, Josh made a difference when he came on last week, really harrying the Alloa defence. How much of that was Alloa shutting up shop and defending deep, poor substitutions by Alloa allowing us to push forward or Josh actually being an effective sub, is open for debate.

My article with Andy Ryan was released in the programme last month, in which he spoke of his career to date. 

He spoke about his time with Forfar and how that really changed his life and career for the better; for anyone interested, you can read the article here.

8 hours ago, dafcburty said:

My article with Andy Ryan was released in the programme last month, in which he spoke of his career to date. 

He spoke about his time with Forfar and how that really changed his life and career for the better; for anyone interested, you can read the article here.

For what little time he spent with us and also a relegation season, he will likely be remembered fondly by the Forfar support.

He gave his absolute all in every game, for a club that he had little association with.

He deserves every bit of good luck that comes his way, great attitude from such a young laddie.

Mini Loons drew 1-1 with Alloa tonight.

Alloa went ahead from a deflected low drive across the box, Forfar equalized within what felt like a couple of minutes with a fine goal. Not sure who crossed the ball from the right but Ben Starkey (after running from near the half-way line shouting "back post - back post) put it in the net from the "back post". Good goal.

Our keeper made a couple of decent saves but some of the passing left a bit to be desired. Also a bit too much of the long hoof out from the back, that the Alloa defence delt with most of the time.

1-1 a fair result I thought.

Archived