Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tarmac said:

If he can motivate and build a bit team spirit,  after Saturdays performance all is not lost. Although could do with a fit more bite up front.

And someone in midfield to put their foot on the ball!

Got to say i've never understood the hatred towards Weir. What is this bullying stuff? I've always found him pretty likeable and he's always had a good word for Forfar.

And someone in midfield to put their foot on the ball!
Got to say i've never understood the hatred towards Weir. What is this bullying stuff? I've always found him pretty likeable and he's always had a good word for Forfar.

Agree....must admit after seeing the interview, he seems ok.

I will go slightly against the grain and say I don't think Jim Weir is that bad an appointment. He does come with some baggage, mainly his fiery temper and extremely sensitive daughter, but from what I've heard/ seen tactically and training wise he seems to get it - although Elgin fans have said they feel tactically he got a few things wrong in his time up there. He may end up a similiar figure to Gary Bollan as there are similiar characteristics to their management style, but ultimately if you'd kept Bollan there was a 0% chance of staying up, where as this way there is a fairly good chance you can pick up form and avoid a slog down the bottom for the next 8 months. He'll definitely give you guys a lift in the first few months, the problems seem to arise after the first year/ 18 months based on previous jobs.

Would also add from an Arbroath point of view I have a lot more respect for him now after his comments at the end of last season. After we beat Elgin to go top on the second last day, Weir, Price and a few others stuck about for our end of year club presentations and he said some words to the room saying he felt his decision to leave Gayfield and go to Brechin was the worst he made in his career, he rejects doing so and he wished us all the best and spoke highly of the club. Also, while all the fans were thoroughly pissed off when he moved to Brechin he did handle the move in the right way, as despite us only having 2 guys signed up for the following season he didn't start trying to tap them up for his next job and actually encouraged them to sign on again at Gayfield and make a title push with us.

A side from all of this I will, of course, be giving him plenty of abuse on the occaisions when we play this season.

21 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I wonder if Bollan's departure and new gaffer in place will tempt Bogs Dollocks back into the fold?

Jayzuss,Tarmac,Hotlastsfordays, maybe he is already with us?

As far as the interview goes Jim said all the right things and appears to be delighted to be our Manager. He made a point of mentioning that Gavin Price will be his assistant giving us a good mix of youth and experience in the technical area.

The decision has been made and it will be interesting to see the response he gets from the squad.

As far as the interview goes Jim said all the right things and appears to be delighted to be our Manager. He made a point of mentioning that Gavin Price will be his assistant giving us a good mix of youth and experience in the technical area.
The decision has been made and it will be interesting to see the response he gets from the squad.

He is , but little time to post , hedges and drives to do , and making wreaths for Xmas #tarmacmydrive

I liked the interview apart from the bit where he was asked about promoting/playing youngsters. Interesting/disappointing that his first reaction was to highlight that he'd developed premiership youngsters who'd gone back to their clubs and done well. Oh dear... GB Mark II ?

59 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I liked the interview apart from the bit where he was asked about promoting/playing youngsters. Interesting/disappointing that his first reaction was to highlight that he'd developed premiership youngsters who'd gone back to their clubs and done well. Oh dear... GB Mark II ?

Yip, noticed that too. Really disappointed that the first thing he had to say about youth players was to mention he'd had great success in bringing in young players on loan . 

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HIM THAT FORFAR HAVE A YOUTH TEAM FFS

Archived