Forfar Athletic 2017-18

Our forwards have been completely starved of service and backup this season by an underperforming midfield and stretched defence. Throwing on youngsters up front will not change that either.

Cox barely touched the ball last week until he dropped into midfield. Not someone who is undergunned or bullied off the ball too often.

It could also be argued that putting on a couple of young inexperienced laddies upfront would allow the oppositions full backs to run riot up the wings putting even more pressure on our midfield and defence.

Furthermore, most of our goals in the last 3 seasons have come from midfield, the last out and out striker we had was Hilson and his goals dried up pre-January in his last season with us (not including Ryan as he played less than half a season).

You're basically asking a completely green strike force to start doing something we aren't set up for.

That's all very good and understandable, however, U20 or not. If he is playing well, why not through him in. All this pishe about not ready for the big time is exactly that pishe. We play in the 3 tier of Scottish football ffs. Any talent he has will be shown now. If not hook him. Tell him to do better for next time. This mody codaling (sp) is just that and only that....

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

That's all very good and understandable, however, U20 or not. If he is playing well, why not through him in. All this pishe about not ready for the big time is exactly that pishe. We play in the 3 tier of Scottish football ffs. Any talent he has will be shown now. If not hook him. Tell him to do better for next time. This mody codaling (sp) is just that and only that....

Busby Babes, Fergies Fledglings and now Weir's Weans

Busby Babes, Fergies Fledglings and now Weir's Weans

More or less Dee. If he's a quarter of these guys. He'll run rings round Raith (top of the league) diddies. Through the boy in make him a man!!![emoji2]

If 1 good game out of 10 in an under 20s game gets you a first team game, they'd be handing out debuts like raffle tickets. 

I was not there Wullie....why wait until he's 23 Chuck him in 1 game or not. What got to go wrong? Really, this shite not help his development. What a load of pishe. If he wants to be footballer, he'll stand up, train and go again.

I've no issue with that at all. That's exactly what we're doing with Aitken. However putting 2 youngsters up top is unlikely to get the best out of either of them to be honest.

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I was not there Wullie....why wait until he's 23 Chuck him in 1 game or not. What got to go wrong? Really, this shite not help his development. What a load of pishe. If he wants to be footballer, he'll stand up, train and go again.

Who mentioned waiting til he's 23? Listen, I get your point and as I said in a previous post, I'm one of the biggest fans of promoting youths. BUT, this is a 17 year old guy who has had 1 good game against Berwick Rangers U20's. Before last night, he'd shown nothing that suggested he was a player.

He had a cracking game last night, everything he tried, came off for him. Keep producing in the next 4, 5, or 6 games, then I'd say give him a shot. Otherwise, anyone who plays well in 1 game at junior level and above should be thrown in to play for 1st team. 

When I took my two boys (both wearing Forfar strips) and the elder one's best pal (wearing a Rangers strip) up to community coaching the last time, Bollan told the pal that he was going to be the Rangers manager next season. Maybe this is an exclusive' I do hope so......

King
warwick Clark stirton Moran (Miller 78)
clark Trialist (Johnson 65) allan gill (Morrison 70)
unused sub English 
2 unfortunate goals and a killer 3rd a couple minutes from time beat the young loons.
should have been 2 up in first 10 minutes and played some good football throughout.
not much in this game despite the score and loons were on top for periods including last 10 playing a back 3.

Cheers for that.

Any stand outs?

Who was the trialist?

34 minutes ago, COG said:

King

warwick Clark stirton Moran (Miller 78)

clark Trialist (Johnson 65) allan gill (Morrison 70)

unused sub English 

2 unfortunate goals and a killer 3rd a couple minutes from time beat the young loons.

should have been 2 up in first 10 minutes and played some good football throughout.

not much in this game despite the score and loons were on top for periods including last 10 playing a back 3.

King, Warwick, Moran, Clark, Stirton, Allan, Gill, Wallace, Starkey, Aitken, Clark.

Archived