Forfar Athletic 2017-18

Even Coxy's short spell injected a bit of fizz in to the game, once fit him and Matty up front.

For me See and Peters are just wasting a strip.....the only we we will survive is to start scoring goals, it really isn't rocket science....so let's try and give ourselves a chance.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even Coxy's short spell injected a bit of fizz in to the game, once fit him and Matty up front.
For me See and Peters are just wasting a strip.....the only we we will survive is to start scoring goals, it really isn't rocket science....so let's try and give ourselves a chance.

Better with Peters and Lee than Peters and See.Hopeless forward paring that can't hold up the ball or score goals.Decent forward line and we might have got something yesterday.Hurry up Dale !!

On 23/08/2017 at 18:40, loon74 said:

Ouzy & peters , the ball control will be brilliant , be worth the admission money of £1.50 to watch that shit upfront

From back in August, though £1.50 looks as bit steep in hindsight.

1 minute ago, Loondave1 said:

Better with Peters and Lee than Peters and See.Hopeless forward paring that can't hold up the ball or score goals.Decent forward line and we might have got something yesterday.Hurry up Dale !!

I didn't see that coming...

Hilson and Matt or Cox.....at least you will have workrate anyway......it's all we are asking is give us a shift for 90 mins..win-draw-lose

I didn't see that coming...
Hilson and Matt or Cox.....at least you will have workrate anyway......it's all we are asking is give us a shift for 90 mins..win-draw-lose

See particularly is hopeless.He doesn't break sweat and looks distinctly unconcerned about how the game is going.Coxy got in more faces in 15 mins than See does in an entire game.Peters loan hasn't worked.Hes a poacher and the club doesn't have the quality of player to afford that luxury.We need grafters and a proper threat up front ie Hilson not a powder puff pairing like yesterday.

28 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

See particularly is hopeless.He doesn't break sweat and looks distinctly unconcerned about how the game is going.Coxy got in more faces in 15 mins than See does in an entire game.Peters loan hasn't worked.Hes a poacher and the club doesn't have the quality of player to afford that luxury.We need grafters and a proper threat up front ie Hilson not a powder puff pairing like yesterday.

Exactly, i have been saying all season i would rather have the youths out giving 100% and losing than what we have had to endure over the last 2 months.

Anyone have any idea what contract See was giving and when is Josh back at Livi?

This result must surely settle the AITKEN or SEE argument. Maybe, just maybe, we have the striker we have been looking for?

After the absolute disaster that was Bollan we have given Weir an easy ride . Recent decisions  however begin to raise doubts.

Having found a striker who can actually score goals why play him out wide?

Having signed a mid field player who is clearly better than what we have why punt him to Montrose?

I thought the boy Hornby looked decent, better than the on loan boy from Dundee.

The boy Duthie had a mare yesterday, much better as a winger

Peters loan surely won’t be extended

McNaughton shouldn’t be playing, fair enough we are struggling for boys but when everyone is back he should be back as just management.

I’d say bring in another centre half, striker and tall centre midfield to partner Millar

This result must surely settle the AITKEN or SEE argument. Maybe, just maybe, we have the striker we have been looking for?
After the absolute disaster that was Bollan we have given Weir an easy ride . Recent decisions  however begin to raise doubts.
Having found a striker who can actually score goals why play him out wide?
Having signed a mid field player who is clearly better than what we have why punt him to Montrose?

Need to see Aitken play a bit more as a striker before thinking we have "found a striker" to be honest.

6 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

I thought the boy Hornby looked decent, better than the on loan boy from Dundee.

The boy Duthie had a mare yesterday, much better as a winger

Peters loan surely won’t be extended

McNaughton shouldn’t be playing, fair enough we are struggling for boys but when everyone is back he should be back as just management.

I’d say bring in another centre half, striker and tall centre midfield to partner Millar

Not sure Hornby is a Left back though (steeves-yano) 

Duthie not a Right back..

Peters having a mare season

McNaughton should not be playing now...have enough youths to cover

We need 2 centre halfs-Left back-wide men both sides-2 strikers

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Anyone have any idea what contract See was giving and when is Josh back at Livi?

According to his player profile on 'Transfer Markt' he's with us until 31/5/18.

And josh Peters until the 15th of this month.

The lack of activity on this site just about sums up where we are at the moment. Since "A" made his decision  we have been in free fall. Think of the cash that has been wasted in contract settlements and dud signings since then. Think of the side we could have had with the Manager we had , the players we had, and the cash we have wasted since then. What we have now is a collection of individuals but no team.

Be careful what you wish for.

13 hours ago, victormeldrew said:

The lack of activity on this site just about sums up where we are at the moment. Since "A" made his decision  we have been in free fall. Think of the cash that has been wasted in contract settlements and dud signings since then. Think of the side we could have had with the Manager we had , the players we had, and the cash we have wasted since then. What we have now is a collection of individuals but no team.

Be careful what you wish for.

FFS......:lol:

According to TransferMarkt - Andy Munroe's loan period was up on the 7th Jan. Anybody heard anything?

Just wondering, as Darren Whyte seemed to be limping a bit on Saturday when walking off at half-time.

His loan finished yesterday he's back at forfar although I think we want to extend it 
I'd be surprised if it's extended tbh. We've only got two recognised CB's and one of them is a loan signing.
Travis has accumulated a fair few bookings recently, 1 away from suspension I think.

Speaking of bookings, I'm sure Cox and Bain are also 1 away from suspension.

1 hour ago, Loonytoons said:

I'd be surprised if it's extended tbh. We've only got two recognised CB's and one of them is a loan signing.

That's why I was asking. If its not injuries then it is about this time of the season the yellow card tally starts to have an effect.

JW has certainly got a job on his hands if we're going to stay up.

Archived