Forfar Athletic 2017-18

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ousman See v David Cox
One is one of the laziest most lethargic un-passionate footballers i have ever seen (also terrible finisher)...and the other is the complete opposite.....answers on a postcard please. I have no problem with Coxy moving anywhere as he gave his all for us.

I'm a wee bit miffed at Coxy tbh. Bottom of the league and one of our better players decides he's not going to play for us.
On the other hand he still gave his all even when he knew he was leaving and at least he did the decent thing and stayed until the transfer window and didn't spit the dummy out when the manager got the punt, unlike one of our ex keepers.

6 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm a wee bit miffed at Coxy tbh. Bottom of the league and one of our better players decides he's not going to play for us.
On the other hand he still gave his all even when he knew he was leaving and at least he did the decent thing and stayed until the transfer window and didn't spit the dummy out when the manager got the punt, unlike one of our ex keepers.

Personal reasons for Coxy....Rab left because the guy who signed him also left, he didn't want to take a wage and not play (bollan wouldn't play him)

Personal reasons for Coxy....Rab left because the guy who signed him also left, he didn't want to take a wage and not play (bollan wouldn't play him)
Given how dire Hill was, if Rab had stayed and GB refused to play him, GB would have been gone way before he eventually was.

David Cox.

The days of Brash, Clark, Tosh and Fotheringham are long gone.  Loyalty to a Club means nothing.  Don't those Forfar fans with their "thanks Coxy and good luck ""messages not get that he is effectively sticking two fingers up to them.Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If a player decides to down tools there is not much a Club can do. Stop wages due to breach of contract and  stop the players employment until his contract is up? Cox has not kicked a ball for us this season and if his hearts not in it he is better away instead of festering in the dressing room.

It just shows that Bollan is a bit of a Marmite character.

14 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

One things for sure between Douglas, Swankie and now Cox a contract means f**k all at Forfar.

There's a big difference between David Cox and the other two. Coxy wished to  move on for personal reasons but continued to give 100% for us after making it clear he wished to move on,  the one who wore gloves threw his toys out of the pram when his pal got sacked and the one with fishing connections never gave close to 100%. No childish behaviour from Mr Cox.

1 minute ago, victormeldrew said:

David Cox.

The days of Brash, Clark, Tosh and Fotheringham are long gone.  Loyalty to a Club means nothing.  Don't those Forfar fans with their "thanks Coxy and good luck ""messages not get that he is effectively sticking two fingers up to them.Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If a player decides to down tools there is not much a Club can do. Stop wages due to breach of contract and  stop the players employment until his contract is up? Cox has not kicked a ball for us this season and if his hearts n.ot in it he is better away instead of festering in the dressing room

It just shows that Bollan is a bit of a Marmite character.

I am guessing you do not wish him well for the future then?

...."Don't those Forfar fans with their "thanks Coxy and good luck ""messages not get that he is effectively sticking two fingers up to them"....."Cox has not kicked a ball for us this season and if his hearts not in it he is better away instead of festering in the dressing room"......make up your mind ffs!! :lol:

7 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

There's a big difference between David Cox and the other two. Coxy wished to  move on for personal reasons but continued to give 100% for us after making it clear he wished to move on,  the one who wore gloves threw his toys out of the pram when his pal got sacked and the one with fishing connections never gave close to 100%. No childish behaviour from Mr Cox.

Hmm, think you are being very unfair on Swankie there. Over the course of their time at Forfar, Swankie gave far more to the club than Cox did, IMO. Arbroath connections aside and the way his time at the club ended (mainly due to Bollan?) have a think back over the past six or seven years at Forfar and think how much he did for the club on the park (and off it). Yes, he was frustratingly inconsistent but why do you think he was at Forfar?

11 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Hmm, think you are being very unfair on Swankie there. Over the course of their time at Forfar, Swankie gave far more to the club than Cox did, IMO. Arbroath connections aside and the way his time at the club ended (mainly due to Bollan?) have a think back over the past six or seven years at Forfar and think how much he did for the club on the park (and off it). Yes, he was frustratingly inconsistent but why do you think he was at Forfar?

Apart from the Rangers game.....please go on?

13 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

I am guessing you do not wish him well for the future then?

...."Don't those Forfar fans with their "thanks Coxy and good luck ""messages not get that he is effectively sticking two fingers up to them"....."Cox has not kicked a ball for us this season and if his hearts not in it he is better away instead of festering in the dressing room"......make up your mind ffs!! :lol:

My mind is made up.

We are bottom of the league with 14 games to go. Cox has stuck two fingers up to Forfar Athletic and to Forfar fans.

Foxy left Forfar with his head held high knowing he would be included  forever with the Forfar legends.

Coxy creeps away knowing he will only be remembered for the mercenary he was.

2 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

My mind is made up.

We are bottom of the league with 14 games to go. Cox has stuck two fingers up to Forfar Athletic and to Forfar fans.

Foxy left Forfar with his head held high knowing he would be included  forever with the Forfar legends.

Coxy creeps away knowing he will only be remembered for the mercenary he was.

What has Foxy got to do with Coxy.......many more players who never stayed 10 years ahead of Foxy in the Legends league

I think you are being harsh on him.....mercenary really?

Mercenary is absolutely the wrong word to use I would say. Clearly there is personal stuff involved and can you really believe he'll be on a better deal at Cowden?

Totally agree with this. Got to be personal stuff going on. Why else would you go from being a constant starter in a league 1 team that looks like it could battle back, to a team cut adrift at the bottom of league 2, that has had v little going for it since the heady Championship days.
Moving to a team that just signed Aiden Malone (who couldn't even get a game in GBs post xmas team last year) is not the sign of a man moving to improve his game.
I'll wish him good luck, thank him for his efforts and scratch my head at his choice of escape route.

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

Of course he gave more to Forfar than Cox, time served at the club kind of does that.  However, Swankie hung Sannie out to dry in our last relegation season.  Sannie panned his face in week after week and Swankie, who the seasons before was the link up man,  did nothing to back him up, strolling around in a strop and still getting picked week after week by DC.   Cox never gave up when he was on the pitch, I saw him nearly throw up after a friendly against Dundee United, such was the effort he put in that night.

Swanks was a pretty good player for us and the Sevco score was something special, but had he the fight of Cox, he would have been playing right at the top of the game.

Archived