Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Don't be an arsehole, I quite clearly said I disagree with the man's political views, as a fan of his band I know a wee bit about the guy, he was a republican speech writer prior to going into music. But since you asked I met him in HMV glasgow before one of his gigs, he was surprised i recognised him and we chatted for about 30 minutes, he then took my name and number and put me on the VIP list for the gig that night at the garage. Then chatted for a bit after the gig. Met him and Dave the guitarist from the band a couple years after. People can hold views you don't agree with/object too and you can still get on with them.

Ha! Was expecting some kind of climb down from vouching for the guys chracter...but now you and him "get on"

fantasy land

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

When news of that incident broke last night it was always a fairly safe bet that this was Islamic extremism.

Denying that is insanity.

IT'S NOT THE SAME THING

3 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Ha! Was expecting some kind of climb down from vouching for the guys chracter...but now you and him "get on"

fantasy land

^^^jealous celebrity stalker imo. 

3 hours ago, GeeJay said:

If these ambulances went any slower they'd be going backwards

Maybe they were leaving with injured people in the back?

Chances are it was going to be Islamic extremism yes. There was far too much talking as if it was definitely confirmed as such. There's a difference, and a major one, between these two things.

Anyone throwing about definite statements before facts are known is a numpty.

But the idea that we should somehow pretend to be surprised that this is Islamic extremism? Just as likely to be a white guy with a random grievance? Come on.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Anyone throwing about definite statements before facts are known is a numpty.

But the idea that we should somehow pretend to be surprised that this is Islamic extremism? Just as likely to be a white guy with a random grievance? Come on.

Nobody is suggesting we be surprised at it, or say what's more likely.

I get the sense that, as usual, you're just being an argumentitive sack, so I'm bowing out of this.

Nobody is suggesting we be surprised at it, or say what's more likely.
I get the sense that, as usual, you're just being an argumentitive sack, so I'm bowing out of this.

There's a guy claiming that it's racist to presume last night's attack was linked to Islamic extremism?

Do you agree?

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

When news of that incident broke last night it was always a fairly safe bet that this was Islamic extremism.

Denying that is insanity.

Until the Americans started leaking information to CBS it could have been anything or nothing. People were shouting "Muslims!" when it could just as likely have been a blown fuse box and nobody hurt.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

As soon as I heard of atrocity I have to admit, the first thing that came to my head was Islamic terrorism. Now I didn't say it but I thought it. I would say that's true for everyone on this thread.

Sort of the point I was making tbh. Well, when it became obvious it was a bomb. However, I was also aware it might not be. Because I'm actually a rational human being.

Having been to a gig where an explosion was down to equipment, I didn't even have the slightest idea what was going on until that though.

To the surprise of absolutely no-one, I was correct in my assumption. Care to retract your faux outrage?

Hope your moment of triumph makes you feel all warm n fuzzy. Most people would baulk at point scoring while there are parents mourning their children but whatever makes you feel good about yourself....

11 minutes ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

Perhaps John's Chlamydia cleared up?    

Strong round of antibiotics;  Bullseye!

Wire brush and dettol is the only surefire way of dealing with it...

Archived