Manchester Arena - Terrorist Incident

Racist fuckwit Terry is on his way to sort it out..><a href=http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2017_05/Screenshot_20170523-171653.thumb.png.67381accea515aa400c4a864cd3b6403.png' alt='Screenshot_20170523-171653.thumb.png.67381accea515aa400c4a864cd3b6403.png'>

Oh you fucker. Has to be a parody? [emoji23]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Attacker named as Salman Abedi.

He is a British citizen of Libyan origin.  IIRC there is a large Libyan community in the Manchester area.

The revelation that this is the work of someone of an Arabic origin will stun the  posters on here last night that were so outraged at the very suggestion that this could have been a Muslim extremist.

Named the bomber now. This is pretty bad from the US though:

Police confirmed the 22-year-old’s identity after officials in the United States passed it to news reporters, apparently against the wishes of the police and security services in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/manchester-arena-attacker-named-salman-abedi-suicide-attack-ariana-grande

When something like this happens I wonder what drove the person to commit such a heinous act, to write him off as a religious zealot or simply as evil is way too simplistic imo.
If, I say if, he was vulnerable for whatever reason and was groomed and given worth by people only wanting to manipulate him to their own ends then this should be the lead story across all media outlets. Not to remove blame or make excuses for him but to help get the word out to others that these people are not your friends.
I dunno, guess I'm just confused as to why someone would kill themselves and a load of kids. I don't believe in evil as in someone being evil, fundamentally flawed right to their core by something spiritual.
There's always something going on, a reason not an excuse.

The revelation that this is the work of someone of an Arabic origin will stun the  posters on here last night that were so outraged at the very suggestion that this could have been a Muslim extremist.

Noone was outraged at the suggestion that the perpetrator could have been inspired by extremist groups who claim to be representing Islam.

Most people saw that there was no value in acting as if it was a proven fact while virtually no information had been released. Gas leaks, explosions and stampedes happen fairly regularly around the World with no Daesh involvement. Making assumptions doesn't do anyone any favours.

The vast majority on the forum had no difficulty understanding this nuance.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Ive met him he's actually a nice person but I disagree entirely with his politics.

Love it when someone who's "met" a celebrity vouches for their character! How long did you two spend in each other's company out of interest? 

2 minutes ago, stimpy said:

When something like this happens I wonder what drove the person to commit such a heinous act, to write him off as a religious zealot or simply as evil is way too simplistic imo.
If, I say if, he was vulnerable for whatever reason and was groomed and given worth by people only wanting to manipulate him to their own ends then this should be the lead story across all media outlets. Not to remove blame or make excuses for him but to help get the word out to others that these people are not your friends.
I dunno, guess I'm just confused as to why someone would kill themselves and a load of kids. I don't believe in evil as in someone being evil, fundamentally flawed right to their core by something spiritual.
There's always something going on, a reason not an excuse.

I don't think there's much point in trying to rationalise motives, it's an insane death cult manipulating vulnerable, gullible, fucked up people.

4 minutes ago, GeeJay said:

If these ambulances went any slower they'd be going backward

What's that little dot that appears on the 51 sec mark that follows the people and cars? Sniper rifle laser pointer or something? :huh: 

2 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Brian from Westlife to join Racist Terry on the streets of Manchester for some ruckus! 

DAhRYZpWAAA2RSs.jpg:large

Wouldn't it be great if celebrities had their social media accounts banned for posting shite like this?

All those Twitter accounts that say they hate 'forners' are piss takes.

For all the talk about backlash, Islamophobia, there is actually rarely significant backlash against Muslims following these attacks.  I think the fact that many people immediately jump to say that ordinary Muslims will suffer has become a knee jerk reaction, we can't really face the truth of what happens in these attacks - that there are people in this country, and elsewhere in the world, with an ideology that says killing children is a great thing to do, that murdering eight year olds is the path to a better world.

Archived