The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 hours ago, Gbud84 said:

Pretty sure it was mentioned the other night that as part of the Lewis Morgan deal to celtic that we'd be getting another loan signing from them ( not Liam henderson). 

No one have any idea as to who it might be?

MH.

It's former Formula One World Champ Mika Hakkinen. Brilliant at corners. 

6 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

If anything I would have thought a LB in case (L) Smith gets called back or a wide right midfielder as it's clear McGennis is far happier playing in the centre.

Still, in Jack we trust.

Is Smith likely to be heading back? I was hoping we might get him on a perm deal.

Agree on both fronts, though. Not aure there are that many true RMs around though. McMullan is still getting a game for United, ffs :lol:

I think Magennis will be filling in there for a while yet.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Is Smith likely to be heading back? I was hoping we might get him on a perm deal.

Agree on both fronts, though. Not aure there are that many true RMs around though. McMullan is still getting a game for United, ffs :lol:

I think Magennis will be filling in there for a while yet.

From what I know, Hearts can recall him during the window but not after, so if he stays with us from Feb he'll be here until the end of the season. That could, of course, be utter mince but that's what I've been led to believe.

He's playing well, and considering Hearts are pretty much at bare bones and the overhead of a new stadium to pay for (even aside the anonymous donations from the mentally ill) you would imagine Levein getting the most out of a limited squad. He might not be a regular starter at Hearts but from his performances I'd say he should have no problems getting a game for them.

I think Smith himself has said that he wouldn't want to go back unless they could guarantee games, but then I'd imagine the player doesn't have much leeway in decisions like this.

37 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Utd’s Paul Quinn says in Sunday Mail “Utd have 4-5 players as good as Lewis Morgan”

Has he been indulging in some of Robsons Venom cocktails....

What a fucking walloper :lol:

Lewis Morgan is the best player in the championship by a considerable distance.

With the talk of Morgan going, and speculation about McGinn too, got me thinking...

Was there ever a time where Kenny McLean, Kyle McAllister, Kyle Magennis, John McGinn and Lewis Morgan were all at the club?

If so, who was the manager, and what was our regular midfield at that time?

I realise that the Kyles would have been very young when McLean was there, but given how rubbish we were for the last few years maybe we should have given them a chance earlier?

Hi saints,

How is Liam smith getting on? Had his confidence knocked a bit in our first team but looked to have some ability and that rarity at Hearts of being two footed! Noticed a wee bit of chat on last page, doubt we'd be recalling him in January as our Defence has been our plus point.

7 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Hi saints,

How is Liam smith getting on? Had his confidence knocked a bit in our first team but looked to have some ability and that rarity at Hearts of being two footed! Noticed a wee bit of chat on last page, doubt we'd be recalling him in January as our Defence has been our plus point.

Generally been very solid and can put in a decent ball from the wings.

I'd imagine most Saints fans would be delighted if he saw out the rest of his loan period with us.

Very decent full-back with a good attitude. Gives 100%. Gets into good positions when attacking but tends to keep chipping it into the box when often he would be better having a shot. Hopefully we can keep him to the end of the season and beyond.

48 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Hi saints,

Cracking player who fits in perfect with our system, I would be happy to sign him on a permenant deal at the end of the season long loan deal.

It's hilarious how the media are going on about how terrible it is for Dundee Utd and their injury problems, yet they chose to almost ignore the fact that we had Harry Davis Gary Mackenzie and Kyle Magennis out injured for months.

Yet somehow we are still in pole position.:rolleyes: