The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

49 minutes ago, elvis said:

I dread to think what Hibs are going to do to that lot .I know it's early days but MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT REQUIRED right away because what's on offer would make your eyes bleed.

Colour me surprised.:lol:

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

If we go 442 with Gogic in central defence,  he would be worth a try our as a right sided midfielder. 

He could play a similar role to Kiltie. We definitely need more creativity in there.

I don’t see us switching from 3 at the back at any time.

We may well go 3-4-3 when the opportunity arises but I just can’t see us reverting to a back four under Robbo.

We looked a lot more dangerous when we moved away from the back 3. Not that it was hard to be better. Get Nahmani up to fitness and we'll get more goals. Looks the most composed out of all the strikers.

I almost feel bad for their keeper. He made some decent if not outstanding stops and was a minute shy of keeping a clean sheet against a Premiership team. Had a good kick on him too, dropping his long balls on the edge of our box.

Still, we're gonna scrap and do things the hard way to ourselves at times and a wins a win. Was actually at the game for a change, so was good to see the lads in person.

That stamp on Kenny near the end was terrible. Guys a thug and it wasn't even subtle.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Take it.you were not there last night.

I didn't need to be there last night.

I've seen it all before, numerous times.

As detailed in an earlier post, I'm worried, but I don't feel the need to constantly post doom laden, negative attention seeking pish.

Also, I'm of the opinion that  there are underlying reasons as to why we're underperforming. However, these can be sorted. That last bit is optimism. You should try it occasionally.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I didn't need to be there last night.

I've seen it all before, numerous times.

As detailed in an earlier post, I'm worried, but I don't feel the need to constantly post doom laden, negative attention seeking pish.

Also, I'm of the opinion that  there are underlying reasons as to why we're underperforming. However, these can be sorted. That last bit is optimism. You should try it occasionally.

Maybe if I saw something to be optimistic about I would try it .

I hate this time of the year, the negativity is always off the charts.

I can't comment on the new signings as I haven't been to the games, but they seem the type of players that are in our target market.

I also don't mind the players who have left. If I could I'd have kept Joe but that's it. No concerns about Gallagher or Carson. I still can't get Carson's performance at Fir Park out my head ! 

We'll beat Forfar on Saturday, get into a good mindset for Hibs and the rollercoaster will start again.

Mon the fucking saints.

He'll save a fortune on diesel, that's for sure.

I mean, I know it's not Norway, but it's some commute to be doing Dundee to Motherwell/Paisley several times a week for the last few years.

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hud on, is big deccy now a st Mirren reject? 

Not at all. We got a fee for him from the exact same guy who had to pay him to leave Aberdeen 12 months ago.

I'd say that's the opposite of a reject.