The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, but just getting it out there rather than going down the ‘bring on the Dundee, easy the Mirren’ route. That can only bring me bad karma. 😀

Get that.  And justified thinking. 

But there’s something different about Saints of the last 18 months.  

So much so that I’m not even (that) scared to say it.  

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Robinson post-match talking about how Olusanya came back "a different man" after the summer break. 

A lot of credit has to go the manager though. Didn't kick a ball for us last season and couldn't even get into a part-time team when out on loan; good chunk of the support written him off. How many other managers would have looked at mutual termination? Plenty. Not Robinson though.

Gives the guy a chance, blank page, explains how he can improve, works with him on the training pitch, praises in the press... simple stuff, nothing radical but what a turnaround. It's looking like Main all over again. As with Curtis too, no doubt Toyosi would now run through a brick wall for SR.

It's quite simply outstanding management and leadership. Brilliant to have him in charge of our club.

Post of the season (so far😉)!

Greg Kiltie is very underrated. He showed some real quality with that run and cross for Greive to head the winner.

Once again the players and management silencing the doom merchants. Credit to them for giving us the perfect start to the season. 

I can see another 7K plus next week for the Dundee game. 

2 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Robinson post-match talking about how Olusanya came back "a different man" after the summer break. 

A lot of credit has to go the manager though. Didn't kick a ball for us last season and couldn't even get into a part-time team when out on loan; good chunk of the support written him off. How many other managers would have looked at mutual termination? Plenty. Not Robinson though.

Gives the guy a chance, blank page, explains how he can improve, works with him on the training pitch, praises in the press... simple stuff, nothing radical but what a turnaround. It's looking like Main all over again. As with Curtis too, no doubt Toyosi would now run through a brick wall for SR.

It's quite simply outstanding management and leadership. Brilliant to have him in charge of our club.

I was working at a saints v motherwell game a few years ago and was in very close proximity to both managers.  OK was in the saints dugout and was extremely quiet and passive despite the way the game was going.  SR was in the motherwell dugout and was a complete livewire- constantly encouraging his players and making slight changes despite the way the game was going.  I can't remember the score but motherwell absolutely dominated us all over the pitch and won comfortably.

At the time I thought I'd love to see him in charge of us.  And here we are - I think he is an outstanding manager and can make such a difference to a player.  I hope he stays for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

I was working at a saints v motherwell game a few years ago and was in very close proximity to both managers.  OK was in the saints dugout and was extremely quiet and passive despite the way the game was going.  SR was in the motherwell dugout and was a complete livewire- constantly encouraging his players and making slight changes despite the way the game was going.  I can't remember the score but motherwell absolutely dominated us all over the pitch and won comfortably.

At the time I thought I'd love to see him in charge of us.  And here we are - I think he is an outstanding manager and can make such a difference to a player.  I hope he stays for a long time. 

I believe that was the night Jake Hastie absolutely went in dry on us. It was 3-0 or 4-0. Robinson loved his Motherwell teams playing us, he had our number for sure.

Olusanya could be on for the biggest turn around since Main. 

His touch still needs work and his hold up play is a bit ropey but if he does the simple things well and uses his electric pace then he will be a star. 

His attitude is also brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Zach Hemming looked good 

Carson would not have thrown that quick ball out to start that move for the winner. 
Zach has been subject to some very unfair criticism. He’ll have got a real lift from being involved with the winning goal.

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Olusanya could be on for the biggest turn around since Main. 

His touch still needs work and his hold up play is a bit ropey but if he does the simple things well and uses his electric pace then he will be a star. 

His attitude is also brilliant. 

Robbo made the point that he was signing young players with key attributes that he could improve as footballers by coaching them well. Toyosi is a prime example of that philosophy. Just wait until our new striker, Usain Bolt, gets some tips from Robbo.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I believe that was the night Jake Hastie absolutely went in dry on us. It was 3-0 or 4-0. Robinson loved his Motherwell teams playing us, he had our number for sure.

That's the one 

2 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Carson would not have thrown that quick ball out to start that move for the winner. 
Zach has been subject to some very unfair criticism. He’ll have got a real lift from being involved with the winning goal.

Who is this Carson you speak of??