The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Our slide is becoming alarming. Time for Robbo to stop pissing about with playing McMenamin at RWB etc. We need to change it or all our good work early season will be done for. 

Nae idea why it's as sure as death and taxes lads 

Thought we should've won tonight. It wasn't a great game but we were the (slightly) better side away to a side in good form.

Bolton looked OK in what was his first real run out.

Ultimately it's another defeat and no goals scored though, so it is concerning. The fact that we are still 4th after this run is crazy.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

We’ve not exactly been on blistering form and that’s us only 2 points behind Barcel…..sorry St Mirren now.

Outside the top 2 arse cheeks you have three sides with much greater resources (Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs). The rest battle out for the remainding top 6 spot and relegation. 
I think that’s why most of us would enjoy this league even more were the bigots not involved.

I think our squad depth has struggled with 6 or 7 players away on international duty if truth be told. 

Enjoy your win tonight. 

Edited by Molotov

Just now, Molotov said:

Outside the top 2 arse cheeks you have three sides with much greater resources (Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs). The rest battle out for the remainding top 6 spot and relegation. 
I think that’s why most of us would enjoy this league even more with the bigots involved.

I think our squad depth has struggled with 6 or 7 players away on international duty if truth be told. 

Enjoy your win tonight. 

If we finish above you lot this season it’ll mean we’ve had a good season.

Just now, Molotov said:

Jeezo. That’s not a high bar given you have larger resources. 

That’s a compliment to St Mirren. I expect you to finish high as you are a good side. If we finish above you I’ll be delighted regardless of who has the biggest budget.

You are just on a wee bad run at the moment but it won’t last forever you’ve got too many good players.

Robinson needs to take the flak here.

Yes, we have injuries and suspensions. But base your team on who’s available and don’t shoehorn players into a system.

Why he’s chosen not to use Small at all is truly mental.

McMenamin has not been the player we were promised - in both an attacking and defensive sense. SR insistence on playing him RWB is doing McMenamin a disservice and hurting the team shape.

Baffling.

A real tough one to take, but the actual performance wasn't that bad and we should have been coming back down the road with all 3 points.

To not even be coming with one is a travesty.

Three away games and not a single point or a single goal looks - and is - bad.

But I think based on that performance tonight we need to believe we can take 6 points from the next two home games.

4 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Yes, we have injuries and suspensions. But base your team on who’s available and don’t shoehorn players into a system.

McMenamin has not been the player we were promised - in both an attacking and defensive sense. SR insistence on playing him RWB is doing McMenamin a disservice and hurting the team shape.

Baffling.

Totally spot on. Robbo has to shoulder the blame. 

This is bordering on Motherwell Aberdeen form. 

28 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

don’t shoehorn players into a system.

McMenamin at RWB is Baffling.

Yes and no to your 1st point. Yes cause he picks the team and strategy, but he can't take flak for sitters missed by Ayunga, Lewis and Kiltie etc.

Other points connect. Conor nor Flynn are a great option at RWB. Small deserves a chance just like Bolton took tonight.

This system doesn't suit O'Hara at all. 

Terrible result as they are poor. Could have won 3 or 4 to 1 but got zilch.