The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

14 hours ago, medals said:

The Mellon lad we were talking about has signed with Dundee

I might be over egging his pudding, but I think that could be a season defining signing for Dundee. I’ve watched this lad a few times for Scotland U21s and he really looks the part. He’s also been scoring for fun in League One in England which lest we forget is 100x better than the Scottish Premiership. 
Have to say I’m pretty jealous about this signing. Exactly the kind of player we could do with and he’s signing for one of our main rivals for top 6.

Cant complain about the window, thought we would see more out than in but Robbo seems to have done a fair amount of buisness. 4 in with 2 PCAs allegedly done for the summer

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I might be over egging his pudding, but I think that could be a season defining signing for Dundee. I’ve watched this lad a few times for Scotland U21s and he really looks the part. He’s also been scoring for fun in League One in England which lest we forget is 100x better than the Scottish Premiership. 
Have to say I’m pretty jealous about this signing. Exactly the kind of player we could do with and he’s signing for one of our main rivals for top 6.

On the park for 20 odd minutes and he already has a goal and an assist. 😩

Game was there for at least a point today. 

Goga was simply outstanding today and Elvis looks an able replacement for Strain. 

Scott will be a superb asset once he gets up to speed. Tremendous quick feet. Was a cut above LJ who did not look interested for most of the time he was on the pitch. 

Wish we could find an actual goalscorer. We just dont have that cutting edge. Scott may get goals and provide chances but we lack someone to knock them in. 

Stav being recalled by Maccabi.

Screenshot_20240127_190106_X.thumb.jpg.fb4f15d97bb237998f878d738ab8e49e.jpg

Totally bizarre all in to sign a guy that had a big future fee attached and who scored twice on his debut then pretty much zero game time since.

I wonder if that will free up wages for a late window incoming. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Totally bizarre all in to sign a guy that had a big future fee attached and who scored twice on his debut then pretty much zero game time since.

Robinson said on Radio one more out to balance books I’m guessing it’s stav 

will be interesting to see if he ends up at another SPL team, if he goes to a championship club i think he will tear up that league. He always looked great when he played, not sure what has happened behind the scenes

Edited by Mac28

2 strikers out and only one in. Would have liked a penalty box striker to come in if Stav is leaving.

Jamieson, Olusanya, Ayunga and Mandron don't have another 10 goals between them imo. 

Not including Scott as he has only just started his saints career. 

We have enough of the ball but all our work is outside the box. 

How many actual shots does Ayunga get away during a game? 

Robbo has to address our lack of cutting edge.

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Pedant alert , all his goals for Morecambe have come in League 2 , he failed to score for them in League 1 .  

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

Pedant alert , all his goals for Morecambe have come in League 2 , he failed to score for them in League 1 .  

He still managed to score in the SPL on his 20 minute debute and chucked in with 2 assists.

Caveat is it was against the bottom club.

Absolutely pointless lamenting Mellon being at Dundee or feeling like we missed out 

There was 0% chance that he was going to go to any other club in the middle of the league once Dundee were interested given their existing partnership with Burnley.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Seen this earlier, and linked with comments on our thread, I have a feeling he’ll be crossing the Saints Divide. 

The feeling is solely based on putting 2 and 2 together, and likely getting 6.

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seen this earlier, and linked with comments on our thread, I have a feeling he’ll be crossing the Saints Divide. 

The feeling is solely based on putting 2 and 2 together, and likely getting 6.

Possibly. They have just signed an Israeli internationalist and it may make sense for Stav to go there.

We simply don’t score enough nor do we look like scoring. The earlier poster is correct our current front men won’t hit 10 goals between them from now till the end and this could be the reason that we lose the top six spot. I hope I’m wrong but today had we a decent forward we’d have got a point at least - and as for Gogic he’s outstanding and we need to offer him the top wage of anyone at the club. To lose him would be a crushing blow 

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

We simply don’t score enough nor do we look like scoring. The earlier poster is correct our current front men won’t hit 10 goals between them from now till the end and this could be the reason that we lose the top six spot. I hope I’m wrong but today had we a decent forward we’d have got a point at least - and as for Gogic he’s outstanding and we need to offer him the top wage of anyone at the club. To lose him would be a crushing blow 

Spot on. We have to sign Gogic at all costs. 

He was outstandimg today.