The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

16 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

As good as it is to have Baccus coming back, I'd have still loved to have seen them win it with him being such an important player for them.

Don't really care if they had won it or not. We won't have Baccus with us for next season so would rather he played as many games as possible for us. 

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Anyone on here think that a factor in KVV decision might’ve been the uncertainty that Robinson might not be at St Mirren next week? I personally don’t think Aberdeen should go down that route but I definitely think it might’ve had a part of the decision making process for KVV.

fishing GIF

14 hours ago, Mac28 said:

I think a combination of our recent form and the memory of Goodwin will keep Aberdeen away from Robbo. I had heard they approached Scott Brown but cant see that happening either. They need someone with experience

The worry would be if Aberdeen appointed Robinson we'd end up with Dougie Imrie...

Robbo sees Gogic has a defender as do his home country. The move into midfield weakens our back line. Gogic sweeps up everything at the back and starts our play. His role in defence outways movibg him forward to midfield. Kwon and CBM will start. I only hope its not Flynn and Kwon

2 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Robbo sees Gogic has a defender as do his home country. The move into midfield weakens our back line. Gogic sweeps up everything at the back and starts our play. His role in defence outways movibg him forward to midfield. Kwon and CBM will start. I only hope its not Flynn and Kwon

We’ll potentially see us move more to a 5-3-2 with Kiltie dropping deeper. Can see Scott starting and playing off Ayunga or big Mika.

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

We’ll potentially see us move more to a 5-3-2 with Kiltie dropping deeper. Can see Scott starting and playing off Ayunga or big Mika.

Thats the formation we should play imo

On 30/01/2024 at 23:34, elvis said:

Down to 7 th by Wednesday 10 pm

🤔

ETA - That was a silly prediction, we'll still be 5th at least although I can't see Livi aiding our cause midweek.

I Cannot Wait Winnie The Pooh GIF by Maudit

Edited by btb

38 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Negativity lifted now chaps ???

How good was that?

Something that bring in more points against Dee would be just dandy.

We were fabulous in that 1st half.  

1 minute ago, medals said:

How good was that?

Something that bring in more points against Dee would be just dandy.

We were fabulous in that 1st half.  

Didn't go today but saw a bit on stream, looked really comfortable. It proves we can produce the goods easily good enough to be 4th, just need a wee bit more consistency. Can only help too with the guys to come back in. As I said midweek I really couldn't get the negativity that not getting what was clearly an afterthought in was generating. I'm still not convinced how serious we were either. Anyway the boys showed today that what we have is perfectly good enough. Big game midweek again. 

Certainly need a bit of momentum and consistency. Really need a similar result against Dundee midweek and push on again. Crucial period of the season. Dundee are really doing well under Docherty. Our form certainly dipped after getting our arse handed to us on a plate at Dens earlier in the season.

I’m sure that Robbo will be using the lessons from that match as a way to motivate his players.