The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

21 minutes ago, zildjian said:

Big save from the new goalie in first couple of minutes. 

Also tried an interesting goal kick style. Gogic looking like he will play out from the back, but goalie punts it up catching team off guard.

You are the game ?

Trying to get it with the stick but not happening. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What do folk think will happen with away fans at the home leg. Given that the club will want to maximise income and the North Stand not being segregable, where will away fans be put?

I am sure not long after we moved to Greenhill Rd, we played Hamilton at the end of the season needing to win and the North Stand was shared with Accies fans.

Stick in my head because my wife was with me for her 1st and last visit to the ground and sure we got beat. 

Unless it was just a bad dream of us trying to beat the Accies  

As for the small away support, maybe put them in the end of the west stand where the bigots used to be. 

Posted (edited)

1-0 HT.

No bad. A bit rusty as would be expected. Started very slowly but grew into the game and for the most part dominated. Wee flurry by the Pars just before HT. 

Olusanya looking very sharp. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What do folk think will happen with away fans at the home leg. Given that the club will want to maximise income and the North Stand not being segregable, where will away fans be put?

In the dim distant past when we last played in Europe, away fans (and they always seemed to be quite small in number) were put in a corner of the main stand. I can't imagine Valur or Vllaznia bringing many, they certainly won't be in the usual away stand.

Edited by Hendo

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. We averaged about 7000 for our ones, over the first few years, with over 8000 seeing us play Minsk.

If you're not cracking 7000 there's something wrong with the advertising of games or something.

We'll crack 7000 if we adjust the away capacity accordingly to uptake.

If we give the standard full away stand and only 100 make the trip over, there's not much we can go there but of course we are not duty bound to give the full 1500 away end. If both teams indicate a large travelling support then fine, give them the stand but if not, we dish out 400 tickets (which is the least we'd be allowed to give) and sell the rest to home supporters, we'll surpass 7k without issue I'd imagine.

55 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Thought I’d put all the previous home attendances of all the previous European games I’ve been fortunate to attend: 

IMG_1208.jpeg.dd53ed1e484fe70e8b82e22db6c0edda.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg.25028077c171980663d749489b1b9ba2.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg.f96fe92bb6ebd11b327c00b478f29b86.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg.fc5acf148f9e50fe442a5ab7d9c5f15b.jpeg
IMG_1212.jpeg.c6af6e2d6c8079450c21d8937bf3480e.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg.acf1d02bf6333b6b8b4e014bda925727.jpeg

IMG_1214.jpeg.fdaecf729e260f37e7b49f3dfdcffd40.jpeg

We battered a great St Etienne team but couldn’t score.

Incredible to see Cryuff play alongside Gullit. 

Best experience ever was Slavia Prague.

European nights certainly brought out much larger attendances than our domestic league home support back then. 

I would love to see a sell out for these games.

I believe our average home league support last season was larger than our average home league support throughout the 80s.

Link to data: 

https://www.stmirren.info/european-football

Don't tend to score many at home.

Hopefully that change this season. 

5 minutes ago, zildjian said:

Missed second half of the first half. Felt like our central midfield were pretty poor in the first 25mins. 

Think 25 would be overstating it. We definitely took time to get control but I’d say 15/20 minutes maximum.