The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That's two friendlies and overall, Idowu apart, we haven't looked too sharp in front of goal.

Maybe if Idowu can keep banging them in, then this willĀ  inspire others to start scoring. Or maybe he'll be the answer to our problem.

Mandron will get us goals, but he needs other forward thinking players to start contributing.

As it stands, we don't really have room for another front player, so unless one leaves, I think we'll be going with what we've got.

Weā€™d have space if we could ship out Jamieson who once again was absolutely hopeless last night.

For me, he is the one chink in Robboā€™s unquestionable armour when it comes to assessing a player.

I just donā€™t see what he sees in the boy. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Weā€™d have space if we could ship out Jamieson who once again was absolutely hopeless last night.

For me, he is the one chink in Robboā€™s unquestionable armour when it comes to assessing a player.

I just donā€™t see what he sees in the boy. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

To a certain extent i agree, but the brutal answer isĀ  that he is a youth graduate that is probably relatively cheap on the wage budget and maybe he does see potential. So who are we realistically going to sign on that budget that will make much of a difference? Its unfortunate both our wingers in Kiltie and McMen have got injured at the same time.Ā 

2 minutes ago, zildjian said:

To a certain extent i agree, but the brutal answer isĀ  that he is a youth graduate that is probably relatively cheap on the wage budget and maybe he does see potential. So who are we realistically going to sign on that budget that will make much of a difference? Its unfortunate both our wingers in Kiltie and McMen have got injured at the same time.Ā 

Good call. I don't see Jamieson at the level of the first team yet. I would send him on loan again.Ā 

He and Scott need to kick on as both don't look good enough so far. Tine will tell. I hope they can prove people wrong including myself.Ā 

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Good call. I don't see Jamieson at the level of the first team yet. I would send him on loan again.Ā 

He and Scott need to kick on as both don't look good enough so far. Tine will tell. I hope they can prove people wrong including myself.Ā 

Agree with you here. Whats your thoughts on Ayunga? I love the big man, but since coming back from injurt he is probably quite a bit behind Mandron and Toyosi for me.Ā  Really hope he can get back to his form.

Edited by zildjian

2 minutes ago, zildjian said:

Agree with you here. Whats your thoughts on Ayunga? I love the big man, but since coming back from injurt he is probably quite a bit behind Mandron and Toyosi for me.Ā  Really hope he can get back to his form.

Ayunga looks like he has lost a fair bit of form and is so far a shadow of the player he was pre injury.Ā 

I agree he is way behind Mika and Toyosi.Ā 

Olusanya should be in the side every week. He is improving all the time and his pace is superb.Ā 

If I was looking to revamp our forwards I would move Ayunga and Jamieson on.Ā 

I think Killie have it spot on. They have a really good mix of forwards. We have too many that are similar

5 minutes ago, truesaint said:

See Airdrie won 4-1 in closed doors game this afternoon.Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m assuming (hoping) this was some kind of second string or reserve team. Surely all the players who played last night didnā€™t play again today??

34 minutes ago, truesaint said:

See Airdrie won 4-1 in closed doors game this afternoon.Ā 

Ā 

Looks like big Pete in goals. Ethan Sutherland and no idea who the centre backs are.Ā 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

The Greenock Telegraph, Morton Payed St Mirren Off The Park In Preseason Loss is their headline.Ā 

Aye, it's based on quotes from Imrie. He's entitled to try and talk his team up.

Will be interesting to see if they do anything this season. Should be a fairly weak Championship with no obvious 'big' team for the first time in a long time, so they should be looking to mount a proper challenge IMO.

The European adventure starts to become reality tonight with the 1st leg for our potential opponents in Iceland ko 8pm. The Icelandic team understandably heavy favourites tonight given they are 2nd in their top division and mid season. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

The European adventure starts to become reality tonight with the 1st leg for our potential opponents in Iceland ko 8pm. The Icelandic team understandably heavy favourites tonight given they are 2nd in their top division and mid season. Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Wonder if there's any chance of a stream of the game. Would definitely like to watch it.

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Iā€™m assuming (hoping) this was some kind of second string or reserve team. Surely all the players who played last night didnā€™t play again today??

Would like to think it's the B team in preparation for the Micky Mouse Cup.

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aye, it's based on quotes from Imrie. He's entitled to try and talk his team up.

Will be interesting to see if they do anything this season. Should be a fairly weak Championship with no obvious 'big' team for the first time in a long time, so they should be looking to mount a proper challenge IMO.

They may well be challengingā€¦ then it gets to about Christmas time.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

They may well be challengingā€¦ then it gets to about Christmas time.

Thereā€™s always the Bookies if they think they will win itā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Vllaznia I believe are 5 off the top with two games to go in their league also.

1 minute ago, smellthepaw said:

Vllaznia I believe are 5 off the top with two games to go in their league also.

Hope Valur win, simply because every time I see the name Vllaznia, I want to insert an ā€˜iā€™ after the V. šŸ™ƒ