The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

40 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

I know we are not used to European football,  but there is a part of this forum for European games called Scots in Europe. 

Just in case nobody knew    😇

It's wandered off into weird death metal chat. f**k that....better off here.

32 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Next week's TV listings have BBC Scotland showing live coverage of a Europa / Conference League tie on Thursday evening.

Presume they'll announce if it's us or Killie in the next few days.

It will be Killie, since it's their away game. Unless they get pumped tomorrow, which I hope doesn't happen.

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It will be Killie, since it's their away game. Unless they get pumped tomorrow, which I hope doesn't happen.

Surely it would be a wee bit shit to show both of Killie’s games and neither of ours. 
Not that I’m bothered. I’ll be there. 😄

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Surely it would be a wee bit shit to show both of Killie’s games and neither of ours. 
Not that I’m bothered. I’ll be there. 😄

Better hope it’s not Foggy in Jersey Thursday morning.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Weirdly, the SolidSports commentator for tomorrow night has been posting on B&WArmy. He said the following (which made me think it'll be us on telly next week):

the rights for UEFA qualifying matches are owned by the home club in each match and are sold off individually. So in this case, Valur agreed a deal with SolidSport, which then becomes responsible for making the broadcast available to people who want to watch it.

If that is the case then I presume that Cercle Brugge will go to a Belgian broadcaster. Like Killie, we'll approach the BBC.

6 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Tony F started our last away European tie (Mechelen, October '87).

I wonder how many other people on the Iceland trip were also there 37 years ago. Less than 20?

Not Paul Chalmers.

I know this because I spoke to him today on Seedhill Road. 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Thought I'd be getting nervous about tomorrow night but I'm just excited. 

I’m down in the big smoke for Springsteen at Wembley tomorrow night. Won’t check my phone at all until after the gig has ended. Might be the last time I ever see The Boss…. It won’t be the last time St Mirren are away in Europe. We’re box office. 😎

Will get the result on my phone as we head to the exits and the tube back into town… I hope I’ll be dancing in the dark.

COYS!

43 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m down in the big smoke for Springsteen at Wembley tomorrow night. Won’t check my phone at all until after the gig has ended. Might be the last time I ever see The Boss…. It won’t be the last time St Mirren are away in Europe. We’re box office. 😎

Will get the result on my phone as we head to the exits and the tube back into town… I hope I’ll be dancing in the dark.

COYS!

I'm going down to London tomorrow to see Springsteen on Saturday night thinking the same as you, so i'm going to miss the Killie home tie.  Booked the tickets when thinking of Kilmarnock playing in Europe was not on the radar.   Going to Brugge next week though.

Hope you enjoy the concert and the Saints get a good result. 

I remember posting something on here before about Joe Gilroy being a PE teacher at Paisley Grammar and I think you responded - he used to wear a tracksuit with 'Valur' on the back as he'd been manager there before coming back to Scotland and managing Morton. 

Apologies if I have the wrong person. 

Edited by paul wright scores

16 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I'm going down to London tomorrow to see Springsteen on Saturday night thinking the same as you, so i'm going to miss the Killie home tie.  Booked the tickets when thinking of Kilmarnock playing in Europe was not on the radar.   Going to Brugge next week though.

I remember posting something on here before about Joe Gilroy being a PE teacher at Paisley Grammar and I think you responded - he used to wear a tracksuit with 'Valur' on the back as he'd been manger there before coming back to Scotland and managing Morton. 

Wouldn’t have been me posting about Joe Gilroy - mistaken identity there!

Enjoy Bruce on Sat. Really looking forward to tomorrow. Here’s hoping we both get good results in Europe. I was praying the draw saw us away tomorrow or I’d have missed it. For once, the God of the Pissed Rod Stewart delivered the outcome I wanted. Normally they give me Celtic away. 😜

29 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I remember posting something on here before about Joe Gilroy being a PE teacher at Paisley Grammar and I think you responded - he used to wear a tracksuit with 'Valur' on the back as he'd been manger there before coming back to Scotland and managing Morton. 

Gilroy was my brother's P.E. teacher and he reminded us this week that his P.E. teacher had been manager of Valur.

Edited by FTOF

33 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

Gilroy was a good guy, certainly made football more prominent in my time at the Grammar, rather than rugby. 

Remember Joe Gilroy had a pub in Paisley's West End called the centre spot . Just next to the Rosebud .

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I knew his brother Alec. He had a pub in Manchester. 

15 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

This thread seems to have just about everything covered, the fact that we see it take a tilt towards ornithology must be a first :lol:

Add a Coronation Street joke to the list........