The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Could he tempt Lasley to follow him ? That would be more concerning IMO.

Yeah never though of that  I'm sure Lasley is a pretty important gog in our machine.

Lasley would be infinitely more qualified for the job than JG: immersed in Scottish football for 25 years and completed a degree in Sports Directorship.

JG is, basically a businessman, with 4 years in football as a part-time Vice-Chairman. Would suggest he's got some pals over there and / or they've been struggling to find someone. 

Anyway, can thank him for contributing to our recent successes. Seems like the board have utilised him primarily for the soft skills side things, persuading people to join the club. Will be a different ball game as CEO over at Castle Greyskull.

29 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Lasley would be infinitely more qualified for the job than JG: immersed in Scottish football for 25 years and completed a degree in Sports Directorship.

JG is, basically a businessman, with 4 years in football as a part-time Vice-Chairman. Would suggest he's got some pals over there and / or they've been struggling to find someone. 

Anyway, can thank him for contributing to our recent successes. Seems like the board have utilised him primarily for the soft skills side things, persuading people to join the club. Will be a different ball game as CEO over at Castle Greyskull.

By all accounts it continues to be the shit show of all shit shows, as it has been since their formation in 2012.

I sincerely hope that it continues to be that way under his stewardship.:)

35 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

FFS

Mematic_20231104_120839.jpg

Just maybe this was the intention all along with Jim Gillespie. Obviously has contacts at Rangers. Probably was told get yourself some experience at board level at a football club, learn the in's and out's of transfers, managerial recruitment etc etc then you can come to the doom dome after it being discussed in a stone private room/hall. Wouldn't surprise me if Kibble sell their shares to Smisa after he goes. 

8 hours ago, truesaint said:

Just maybe this was the intention all along with Jim Gillespie. Obviously has contacts at Rangers. Probably was told get yourself some experience at board level at a football club, learn the in's and out's of transfers, managerial recruitment etc etc then you can come to the doom dome after it being discussed in a stone private room/hall. Wouldn't surprise me if Kibble sell their shares to Smisa after he goes. 

f**k me 🤦

10 hours ago, truesaint said:

Jesus Christ.

11 hours ago, truesaint said:

Confucius says "Never drink on an empty brain"......

I’m hearing Gogic had a scan on a suspected broken eye socket, not sure if this is accurate but it would be a major blow to lose him for any length of time with such an injury.

Hopefully he’s ok.

Surely a fancy mask would suffice

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m hearing Gogic had a scan on a suspected broken eye socket, not sure if this is accurate but it would be a major blow to lose him for any length of time with such an injury.

Hopefully he’s ok

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

5 changes...

CBM and Adeniran out. R.Taylor, Ayunga, Brown to the bench.

Iacovitti, F.Taylor, Smyth, Tanser, Mandron in.

Looks a bit light defensively in midfield with little cover on the bench too.

Just now, Buttocks Brown said:

Glad to see Fraser Taylor getting his chance. Gogic into midfield with Richard into defence the other option.

I agree with you but wait for the Gogic is not a midfielder posts.

14 minutes ago, medals said:

Looks a bit light defensively in midfield with little cover on the bench too.

Was thinking the same. Really not much dig in the middle of the park. 

Will be a real test for young Fraser. 

I have the fear for today. Players will be knackered with lack of experience on the bench. 

Not at the races today - too many injuries.

We're struggling to win the ball in midfield - Smyth too slow and stiff and Taylor to light/small.

However, the latter has shown some nice touches when in possession.

Why is the Premier Sports commentary team unapologetic United homers? Surely they could have got a more balanced team.

It's more like a United TV livestream.

Edited by northstbuddie