The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Maybe use olusanya as a bargaining tool for mcmenamin. Maybe they weren't too impressed with what they were watching. Wasn't at the game so can'r comment but still hoping that some sort of de3al can be reached for Mcmenamin.

He wasn't in the Glentoran squad last night. Was given an extra 10 days leave after international duty.

49 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Wait - we got at least £100,000 for Brophy? That is seriously mental.  He was even injured while on loan to them 😂😂

Is he even fit now? His injury at County seemed to have ruled him out for a good while again. In know he made the trip to Belfast, but has he actually recovered yet?

I do feel bad for Brophy. It's always a shame when a promising player with a bright future is blighted by injury. I hope he does well at County.

33 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Is he even fit now? His injury at County seemed to have ruled him out for a good while again. In know he made the trip to Belfast, but has he actually recovered yet?

I do feel bad for Brophy. It's always a shame when a promising player with a bright future is blighted by injury. I hope he does well at County.

Didn't play in the play offs against Killie or Partick. County didn't even have a full bench. Might not be fit for start of season

34 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

Didn't play in the play offs against Killie or Partick. County didn't even have a full bench. Might not be fit for start of season

He will be.  He’s training with the first team.  

The bench thing was, oddly, a decent piece of motivation by Mackay - only five outfield players meant that everybody at some point would have to play.  

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He will be.  He’s training with the first team.  

He was doing the running at our training camp, but wasn't fit enough to take part in the practice games.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

How good would it be if we could tempt Big Curtis back for another 2 years.

If he’s not signed for anyone maybe Robbo could push the boat out now we’ve got rid of Brophys wage.

You could push the boat out and still get nowhere near what an English club could offer him.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You could push the boat out and still get nowhere near what an English club could offer him.

Whilst that's true, he's still living in the area and he and his family are apparently happily settled here. Suppose it's worth asking the question if he has no real notion to leave Scotland yet.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously we can’t compete with what an English outfit can offer wage wise, but if his young family are settled then maybe he might give it a thought. 
He’s played all of his best football under Robinson. 
it’s unlikely as he will earn some serious money down the road. But you never know.

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Whilst that's true, he's still living in the area and he and his family are apparently happily settled here. Suppose it's worth asking the question if he has no real notion to leave Scotland yet.

Hes 31, this is likely his last real chance of earning big money down South, so I doubt he turns it down if its offered and it matters to him.

If not then he'll likely want a 2/3 year deal with yourselves as a large earner. As good as hes been, is it something that would be smart to tie yourselves to?

8 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Whilst I agree having Main back would be excellent I am not in favour of going back to a player who is moving on. 

? Like Dunne ? He's not moving on if he signs a new contract with us.

He's negotiating via his agent.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes 31, this is likely his last real chance of earning big money down South, so I doubt he turns it down if its offered and it matters to him.

If not then he'll likely want a 2/3 year deal with yourselves as a large earner. As good as hes been, is it something that would be smart to tie yourselves to?

I don't think a 2 year deal with a years option is too big an ask for us. The guy is an absolute freak so there's no massive risk of not being physically capable.

Personally, I like the idea of new faces. Always worth freshening things up and if we signed Main and declared that was us done in terms of forwards, I'd still be a bit concerned about goals coming consistently but depending on who else we brought in up top (as we're still looking for two on top of Nahmani), he works pretty much perfectly for the way we play.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think a 2 year deal with a years option is too big an ask for us. The guy is an absolute freak so there's no massive risk of not being physically capable.

Personally, I like the idea of new faces. Always worth freshening things up and if we signed Main and declared that was us done in terms of forwards, I'd still be a bit concerned about goals coming consistently but depending on who else we brought in up top (as we're still looking for two on top of Nahmani), he works pretty much perfectly for the way we play.

I’m not convinced Nahmani wasn’t one of the two Robbo referred to. Although he knew he’d be signing, it hadn’t been announced yet.

Hope I’m wrong and you’re right. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m not convinced Nahmani wasn’t one of the two Robbo referred to. Although he knew he’d be signing, it hadn’t been announced yet.

Hope I’m wrong and you’re right. 

The Nahmani one was a done deal last week mate, Robbo will have been counting that one already. Offord will go out on loan IMO and Olusanya will be either freed or put out on loan. Leaves us with Nahmani, Ayunga, Greive and Jamieson. 

We’ll definitely still be in the market for 2 given that we won’t likely see Jonah fully fit til Christmas.