The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just putting the starters out for 200 guests only for a kilted Morton fan to come up with a grin from ear to ear telling me Morton scored 2 goals in 2 minutes wining the game. It was the best time to tell me the score meant hee haw to me at that particular time. It's a friendly guys it's about finding out weaknesses as well as positives.  Keep the faith this will be another good season for us St Mirren fans. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Confirmation of another striker coming in surely spells the end for at least two of Olusanya, Jamieson and Grieve at this point.

Id think so mate. Sadly they aren’t up to it 

1 hour ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Keep telling yourself that 🤣🤣🤣 there's never a meaningless game against you manky b*****ds. There's always bragging rights up for grabs tonight there ours n we will enjoy them just as yous fkn would so dry yer fkn eyes 

Congratulations on your win. We were toothless but I hope we get you again this season in a competitive game as it’ll be a different story all together. 

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

Bit early to rubbish Hemming. I also thought Carson was shaky at first

He got a bit of stick after we got rolled over at Pittodrie early last season. We can't judge players based on pre season, they'll no doubt be doing double sessions as it's about working on fitness. 

A pish pre season doesn't mean a bad season as last year shows. We've also seen a few pre season Peles over the years. Calum Ball springs to mind. Banged a hattrick if I remember then was utterly torture when the season kicked off.

1 minute ago, Norrie82 said:

Id think so mate. Sadly they aren’t up to it 

Feel sad for Grieve in particular as I've always thought there is something there. He's a good finisher when he gets in the position but nothing he's done for months now shows that he's capable of carving out those chances.

If you took the prowess in front of goal of Grieve and the tenacity of Olusanya, you'd actually have a not bad player.

What you have though is two guys who just don't look like they can cut it.

No-one likes to lose a derby even if it is a pre-season friendly. Did Mr Robinson not say in the build up no such thing as a friendly against Morton, the season starts now? Morton are much the same as last season and the fans know where improvement is required. At least today the squad looked much more up for the fixture than St Mirren. St Mirren were disappointing not offering a significant goal threat and being more vulnerable at the back than expected. Both squads require quality additions before the leagues start up again but only one team and their fans will be enjoying a wee swally tonight. As for teaming up with the Falkirk Fear - oh dear!

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

If it's in the league or cup then absolutely.

TBH we've been so far apart in recent years, you've become an irrelevance to most of our support, other than to point and laugh at when you get relegated from the championship or shit the bed trying to get promoted.

I had planned to watch the test match today and didn't consider for one moment attending today's game.

Sadly rain put paid to that and I ended up shelling out £5 for Tinpot TV as a last resort. The Carpetrite Gym gave me a good laugh though, when I could actually watch the game.

Good luck for the coming season.

Become an irrelevance to most of your support 🤣🤣🤣 most of your support turned out today for such an irrelevant game strange that. 

Dry yer fkn eyes ffs take it on the chin. 

For what it's worth having the Falkirk fear in your end is absolutely fkn minter behaviour the North Bank mob really are a laughing stock 

14 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Congratulations on your win. We were toothless but I hope we get you again this season in a competitive game as it’ll be a different story all together. 

Bassed on what certainly not today's showing. 

Tbf only cup n league games actually matter but its still gd to have the bragging rights 

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Are you fucking kidding you think we only get 1500 at home games .If we keep playing like that you might be right but don't talk shite.

Many do you get at home games? Discount the two sides of the arse cheeks if your going for overall average attendance I'd say between 2000/2500 so bringing 1800 today would be a significant amount 

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll add to that by saying, if the last striker we are after is Christian Doidge then that idea can f**k the f**k right off.

Oh god no. Surely we can cast the net wider than Scotland. 

See Brophy wasn't in the County squad today. Injured perhaps

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Feel sad for Grieve in particular as I've always thought there is something there. He's a good finisher when he gets in the position but nothing he's done for months now shows that he's capable of carving out those chances.

If you took the prowess in front of goal of Grieve and the tenacity of Olusanya, you'd actually have a not bad player.

What you have though is two guys who just don't look like they can cut it.

He would make a good championship striker as such I would loan him out  he is a honest hard worker I like the boy.