The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Completely off any sort of Saints related topic, I just saw this tweet.

Wouldn’t it be lovely if this lad met and married a nice Scottish lassie called Agnes while he’s on loan at Ayr.

https://x.com/ayrunitedfc/status/1697640471017795949?s=46&t=sYFXrynTDEj4OIr03Q_lqQ

And the ceremony adjudicated by Michael Palindrome. 

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

They've finished in the top six every season bar one, since getting promoted. They've played in finals and semi finals. And they've still emptied 5 managers in that time.

The board, if not the club, have earned the basket case tag.

Top 6 regulars, cup finalists and semi finalists, and appear in Europe. Hmm. For a St Mirren manager, they’d be in our HoF and welcomed back at hospitality to mingle with the guests. At Hibs, it gets you the sack.

I go back to the point I keep raising. WTF is the remit there? When up against Celtic, The Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts, and no-mugs Motherwell and St Mirren to name but, well, six.

Edited by pozbaird

19 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I see that Ross County are going to get a 7 figure sum from a sell on clause for Ross Stewart

I wonder if we had a sell on clause when we sold him to Ross County? Maybe we’re due some of what County are going to get?

I doubt it very much. It wasn't the same type of deal as McGinn to Hibs.

However, as discussed earlier in the tread, Saints will get 1% of the overall transfer fee through the development and solidarity money.

No sympathy whatsoever  but the Fakes are looking to be in trouble. I know they picked up a big point last week, but they've told 3 of their biggest earners that they can find other clubs and offloaded a bunch already. Have they recruited well?

Perhaps they'll hang in or surprise us and have a recovery window in January.

Given Dee, Killie and Livi are looking in decent shape, are they destined for the drop?

RC fighting with others to avoid the play-offs?

Can we better 6th?

5 minutes ago, medals said:

No sympathy whatsoever  but the Fakes are looking to be in trouble. I know they picked up a big point last week, but they've told 3 of their biggest earners that they can find other clubs and offloaded a bunch already. Have they recruited well?

Perhaps they'll hang in or surprise us and have a recovery window in January.

Given Dee, Killie and Livi are looking in decent shape, are they destined for the drop?

RC fighting with others to avoid the play-offs?

Can we better 6th?

The defenders they recruited, Olufunwa and McLellan are two that I would have liked to have seen us go for but I'd have taken them as options and bleeding them in with a fair amount of first team football this season and a relatively settled squad around them.

Think both will find it slightly harder in the situation St. Johnstone are in just now though if that makes sense.

Edited by djchapsticks