The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

38 degrees forecast for next week, and for the week after if we end up there.

Yeah, mental. It's a 6pm kick-off local time for some reason.

Being used to the heat would give them a distinct advantage. A draw for us out there would probably be a good result.

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I notice from a club tweet that Gallagher Lennon is representing Northern Ireland at U19 level.

Given the hassle his Dad had at international level, I’m surprised he didn’t advise him to plump for Scotland.  Especially as I assume the boy was born in Scotland as he was born when his dad was playing for Celtic. 

Scotland probably did their usual of ignoring him (I dunno how good he is)

41 minutes ago, FTOF said:

This bodes well for a potential tie against the Albanian team....................:rolleyes:

St Mirren watch as Conference League rivals explode at each other in astonishing rammy as vile threat made - Daily Record

The player that was sent off received a yellow card on top of the red. 

The Albanian side looked easily rattled. Something we could exploit

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Six minutes of added time was signalled, but nine minutes were actually played.

I believe that fuelled their sense of injustice.

I remember reading that in British football fan culture if something goes against your team then it's generally blamed on the incompetence of the officials involved. In a lot of other places, fans cry conspiracy; corrupt officials. Maybe that's what's going on here.

I miss the good old days of unsubstantiated signing rumours. The squad looks a bit light at the moment and with McMenamin out long term and Boyd-Munce leaving, Robinson must be looking for 3-4 signings.. Anyone know how Kiltie’s injury looks?

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

I miss the good old days of unsubstantiated signing rumours. The squad looks a bit light at the moment and with McMenamin out long term and Boyd-Munce leaving, Robinson must be looking for 3-4 signings.. Anyone know how Kiltie’s injury looks?

Apparently a flare up of the same ankle injury that led to him missing games at the end of last season.

7 minutes ago, AW saint said:

With Kiltie out I would give Ethan a go on the left wing or left of the 3 up front. He is a superb talent. 

I'd imagine Idowu will fill that slot.

54 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Yeah, mental. It's a 6pm kick-off local time for some reason.

Being used to the heat would give them a distinct advantage. A draw for us out there would probably be a good result.

If you do end up with Vlaznia, yous will be fine. We played an Albanian team years ago out there and lost 1-0. Beat them 8-0 in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

That's because on 90 minutes when the 6 minutes was signalled there was a Vllaznia player getting treatment. A ball wasn't kicked until over 3 minutes had elapsed. So Vllaznia really only have themselves to blame. 🤣

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

After the injury time started, an Albanian player went down injured and was on lying on the pitch for around 3 mins, before getting up with a bandage on his head. Ref called it right imho.

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That's because on 90 minutes when the 6 minutes was signalled there was a Vllaznia player getting treatment. A ball wasn't kicked until over 3 minutes had elapsed. So Vllaznia really only have themselves to blame. 🤣

Never saw your post before saying the same thing.