The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

The concept of us picking up 7 yellow yesterday was absolutely ridiculous in what certainly wasn't a dirty match. Maybe three were deserved.

We were never worthy of that many and the Maltese referee was as bad and finicky as any ref I've seen.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Interesting clicking on the very first page, and post of this thread. Very interesting to look back from a position of European fitba’, two Top 6 finishes, and a pretty strong squad.

Back on Page 1, it was all about ‘let’s get to 1000 season ticket sales and get away fans out of W7.’ 

Yeah. It has been quite the trajectory since my first post in the thread 7 years ago. 

When we scraped avoiding relegation to potentially part time football by the skin of our teeth and I posted that first cautiously optimistic post (at a time that certainly felt like a turning of a corner for the club), I don't think in my wildest dreams I, or many others have predicted just how justified that optimism would be.

Worrying about getting a shoeing away in Europe off a club with extensive European pedigree or worrying about how badly Dumbarton are going bogey team us again...I know which I'm preferring.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Baccus just being substituted on 82 mins, having set up a Mansfield goal… currently leading Barnsley 2-1 away.

Has he ever been to Norway?

7 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Offord with the first goal in the new NI league season. Sheer tenacity. Looks like a bit more of a unit than when I last saw him for us.

Looks a bit like Stewart Kean

33 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

https://www.ba.no/forventer-stort-skotsk-innrykk-halvparten-er-uten-billett-de-skal-til-narmeste-pub/s/5-8-2707517

Journalist Mark Walker believe up to 2000 of you will travel to Bergen and 1250 will try to get a ticket after arrival.

I personally think those numbers seem high.

35 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

https://www.ba.no/forventer-stort-skotsk-innrykk-halvparten-er-uten-billett-de-skal-til-narmeste-pub/s/5-8-2707517

Journalist Mark Walker believe up to 2000 of you will travel to Bergen and 1250 will try to get a ticket after arrival.

Nah.  750 will travel with tickets, maybe another 50 who have already booked flights and accommodation will fly out and hope to buy tickets there. 

1 minute ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Nah.  750 will travel with tickets, maybe another 50 who have already booked flights and accommodation will fly out and hope to buy tickets there. 

Thanks, I would've guessed something like 1000 myself. That said, plenty of Scots in Bergen so it will maybe feel like 2000 of you at the pubs.

2 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

Thanks, I would've guessed something like 1000 myself. That said, plenty of Scots in Bergen so it will maybe feel like 2000 of you at the pubs.

I hadn’t factored that in. I wonder how many of the Bergen based Scots will have bought tickets in the home end. 

19 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I hadn’t factored that in. I wonder how many of the Bergen based Scots will have bought tickets in the home end. 

I hope they keep calm if they have. I guess they will be thrown out if they celebrate the inevitable 0-1 goal min 84 after 97-3 possession and 23-1 shots.

Edited by RagaRocker

7 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Own goal in 84 minutes would be ideal. 

I have a horrible feeling about this match. But I have that with all Brann games - and they are nr. 3 - so they do win games now and then.

Rain is going to pour down on Thursday, but it looks like it stops before kick off.

Brann really like the pitch wet and usually waters it a lot pre match and at half time. Its hybrid grass and super fast.

Edited by RagaRocker

25 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

I have a horrible feeling about this match. But I have that with all Brann games - and they are nr. 3 - so they do win games now and then.

Rain is going to pour down on Thursday, but it looks like it stops before kick off.

Brann really like the pitch wet and usually waters it a lot pre match and at half time. Its hybrid grass and super fast.

Thanks, ive popped a wee whatsapp to SR to get the boys training on a soaking pitch...

Any more tips?? 🫶🥰