The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Olusanya booked again today.  

For a guy who’s far from dirty referees seem to love waving cards at him.  

He’s such an important player for us but even this early in the season can see him serving a suspension soon.  

Olusanya’s booking was one of the most mystifying of the ref’s many many mystifying decisions today. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Olusanya’s booking was one of the most mystifying of the ref’s many many mystifying decisions today. 

The ref set the tone by booking all 3 Saints players for their very 1st (debatable) fouls. 

Inept wee runt.

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wee Fraser Taylor is having a dream debut for Arbroath tonight. 

Latest score is Cove 2 Arbroath 4, and 2 excellent assists from our young man.

👏 👏

Awarded MoM.

Amazing display.

I didn’t think we played well today - the manager in his interview said he did. I think Kiltie and McMenamin offer us something different they have good dribbling ability and can get us up the park - the team at present looks devoid of any guile and we huffed and puffed the whole second half. Probably could say a draw was fair but it wasn’t as if the Motherwell goalie had much to do 

Edited by Norrie82

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

What a f**king player he is. Can we keep him? Some talent 

Hopefully he continues to be shine and turn in match winning displays.

Obviously most Saints fans would like to see him back playing for the club he supports.

please keep us updated with his progress.

Edited by Molotov

Yet to be impressed by any of our league performances so far.

Missed today, but have been told that we were pretty shit.

Would like to think that Kiltie and McMenamin will help improve the team. Fingers crossed.

I won't single out players, but we've signed a few downgrades on last season and persist with a couple who aren't delivering this season.

We've also just lost a key player through no fault of our own.

Apologies for going all "Elvis", but we're definitely nowhere near top six material this season.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Would like to think that Kiltie and McMenamin will help improve the team. Fingers crossed.

I won't single out players, but we've signed a few downgrades on last season and persist with a couple who aren't delivering this season.

Apologies for going all "Elvis", but we're definitely nowhere near top six material this season.

Can’t disagree with any of that. 

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It’s also a wee bit worrying when Robbo keeps saying he thinks we played well and he’s also quoted as saying a good few times that Ayunga and Scott have been good when they’ve come on, when in fact they’ve been dogshit. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s also a wee bit worrying when Robbo keeps saying he thinks we played well and he’s also quoted as saying a good few times that Ayunga and Scott have been good when they’ve come on, when in fact they’ve been dogshit. 

Not just players that come on.

One in midfield that a lot of us are mystified as to what they actually offer to the team.

Thought we were the better team and by far created the most chances today.

But possobly the most frustrated I gave been at a game in a while. I, and friends around me, all reckoned O'Hara would miss the penalty - I thought he had a poor afternoon. Their goal was a clear handball and the Tanser sending off was a bad joke.

That being said we showed no urgency when we had 11 v 10. Too many side and back passes; no running into space and nobody running at their defenders. We need the midfield to run beyond their line and the wingbacks to actually cross the halfway line. However a decent ref today and I reckon we would gave won that.