The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

4 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Well that was pretty shit. Why do we not show any urgency until we are a goal down? Shouldn't we be doing that from kick-off?

Once again Boyd-Munce was like a statue in the middle of the park. Doesn't push himself or the team forward. Strolls about the half way line like a training session with side and back passes. He is the Captain and should be pushing the team on. Where is the player we had 2 seasons ago? Time for Kiltie to replace him.

Fixed it for you.

No pace 

No creativity 

Defence nervous as f**k 

Keeper instilling zero confidence 

We got 6 mins of injury time and the home fans groaned 🤦🤦

The whole stadium knew we could have had another 96 mins and not looked like scoring 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Fixed it for you.

CBM may not be great but he is playing defensive midfield. He gets the ball from the centre backs and tries to play it forward which is difficult if no-one is moving for him.

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fixed it for you.

It's a toss-up between O'Hara , CBM and  Oduwu to see who's more ineffective. Some of the summer signings look questionable to say the least , it's going to be a long season !

The amount of times a midfielder took a pass and instinctively went backwards was ridiculous. Only Phillips took the ball and looked to go forward.

Thankfully Tanser is back for next game, not sure what happened to Brown today. Taylor at left back was not an experiment that went well - much better at the left of a back 3. 

Despite playing most of the game at left back, Taylor was the only player willing to take the ball forward and try and create something. Worrying times as noone in midfield or up front was effective at all. 

Wtaf was that. We are as slow as feck, constantly knocking the ball across the back, midfield can't carry the ball and the goalie is suspect. 

Scott should be hunted at the next window. 

Why the feck was Smyth not brought on sooner for CBM or MOH?  and Adeniran should have been on. 

Delighted to see KVV start but we didn't create chances for him. 

We are not the team who played last season. Robbo has to take the blame for this. Has he run out of ideas? 

What a dreadful few games. Going to be a long season unless Robbo stops being loyal to certain players and gets some urgency into the side. 

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Wtaf was that. We are as slow as feck, constantly knocking the ball across the back, midfield can't carry the ball and the goalie is suspect. 

Why the feck was Smyth not brought on sooner for CBM or MOH?  and Adeniran should have been on. 

We are not the team who played last season. Robbo has to take the blame for this. Has he run out of ideas? 

What a dreadful few games. Going to be a long season unless Robbo stops being loyal to certain players and gets some urgency into the side. 

I thought Scott looked a bit better than he has today. Midfield didn't work with the change in formation, limited creativity and despite folk moaning about the sideways passing at the back it was down to the lack of movement in front, it was keep the ball and look for movement that wasn't happening of just shell it forward which folk moan about more. KVV some nice touched but he looks similar to Mandron in that both seem to have a phobia regarding getting into the box. Didn't help Toyo had an off day too. Keepers distribution is terrible although bar that he was OK today. Hopefully we get players back and a settled formation after the break.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

How have you managed to go after Scott for that today?! 

27 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

How have you managed to go after Scott for that today?! 

I tend to agree with you 

Scott gets plenty flak but I have seen zero evidence that he is any less productive ( bar Olu) than our other striking alternatives 

Glad to see O’Hara subbed, he’s not the player he was two seasons ago and maybe it’ll snap him into action.
However, I think Robbo’s not got the players available that he wants in his first eleven. 
Last season we came out the traps quickly and then faded, maybe this year it’ll be the opposite - who knows. We’re still top 6 after a mediocre start and there’s still a long way to go. I’m still confident of a decent season. 
Last year was better than we expected, but we can’t use it as a benchmark, I’m always glad not to be around the bottom of the league (or worse). These are the good times guys, enjoy it- because it has been a lot worse in recent memory 

Hello gud c***s.

I am not here to discuss football, because quite frankly, football can f**k off tbh.

I was down today for Derhbruh's game against Braehead, in the Amateur Scottish cup. Braehead ended up winning 4-2, although I think a draw would've been a fairer result.

We were invited back to 'De Beers' in Paisley town afterwards, where they put on pizza for the team. A great wee pub. I was hoping to find some P&B virgins in there, sadly not to be. Anyhoo, good bantz. I'm not long in from the bus after having one too many. 

Goodnight.

Thank you.