The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Can’t grudge Gogic what could be one last decent pay day. He’s been great this season.

surely we could be his last decent pay day???

5 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Goodwin got nowhere near the level of performance out of Gogic as Robinson does, same goes for majority of the players who have played under both tbh. That should be of concern for Dundee Utd fans before they get that excited. Can’t grudge Gogic what could be one last decent pay day. He’s been great this season.

Like most of us, Goodwin thought that Gogic's best position was midfield.

When Robbo decided he was going to be our main CH, I wasn't at all convinced.

How wrong I was.

Unfortunately, Robbo's far superior managerial skills have pointed the far inferior Goodwin in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

surely we could be his last decent pay day???

Unfortunately United don't seem to be bothered about overspending and paying exorbitant wages to players.

If it boils down to money, we won't have a look in.

It would be great if Gogic settled for a manager who gets the best out of him in a team with an unrivalled team spirit, plus the possibility of a European football experience. However, that's not the way it works in football.

That finish from Tanser yesterday was outstanding. At the game it was so far away I thought the ball had just broken to him but when you see the touch over the defender followed by an arrowed half volley finish, it's a thing of beauty.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

That finish from Tanser yesterday was outstanding. At the game it was so far away I thought the ball had just broken to him but when you see the touch over the defender followed by an arrowed half volley finish, it's a thing of beauty.

Edited by FTOF

Distasteful as it is to say it, following our win in Dundee, not the worst thing in the world to see Killie lose, take a GD hit, and have ten men doing an awfy’ lot of running around before facing us. Prior to the three points at Dens, I thought the race for fourth was a step too far, but now? You never know. Looking forward to Saturday now, big game against an opponent who are followed by a decent bunch of supporters. Bring it on.

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Distasteful as it is to say it, following our win in Dundee, not the worst thing in the world to see Killie lose, take a GD hit, and have ten men doing an awfy’ lot of running around before facing us. Prior to the three points at Dens, I thought the race for fourth was a step too far, but now? You never know. Looking forward to Saturday now, big game against an opponent who are followed by a decent bunch of supporters. Bring it on.

Not being greedy I would be really happy to finish 5th and get european football. 

4th is still possible but a tall order. 

If only VAR hadn't robbed us of at least 4 points. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Not being greedy I would be really happy to finish 5th and get european football. 

Same. Sewing up 5th would be an achievement.

A straight shoot out between us on Saturday now that either puts 4th to bed with any outcome other than a Saints win, or leaves a slight possibility that we could yet overhaul them.

Currently I'd say we're about a one in twenty shot of catching Killie. I'd love a situation where we head to Parkhead on the last day level or two points off Killie and Celtic with nothing to play for resting their full team for the SC final the following week.

Edited by djchapsticks

21 minutes ago, AW saint said:

VAR and disappearing up our own arse at Rugby Park. Fifth would be great, but this weekend’s results undoubtably spice up our meeting with Kilmarnock at the SMiSA. If Killie do finish fourth to our fifth, they fully deserve it, but for now, the fight is back on.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If Killie do finish fourth to our fifth, they fully deserve it, but for now, the fight is back on.

Is it not the case that Kilmarnock have received the most points from wrong decisions and we have received the least points?

If the VAR error decisions been made correctly then would we not be clear in 4th place?

32 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Or if only we hadn't played the bottom three 5 times away from home and taken 2 points from 15. Forget VAR, it these 5 games that have stopped us being right in the mix proper for 4th.

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Is it not the case that Kilmarnock have received the most points from wrong decisions and we have received the least points?

If the VAR error decisions been made correctly then would we not be clear in 4th place?

I’m no VAR fan, but I’m not going to say it, on it’s own, cost us a league place. Collapsing at Killie, and Killie being able to get something from the uglies is just as relevant.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I assume Wright will be suspended. Is that good for us? Is he any good?

Doubt it given they had Deas on the bench, he will probably just start instead next week. They are a strong unit defensively.