The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

On 05/05/2024 at 09:11, RandomGuy. said:

Don't know if it's just standard Dundee United fan behaviour (some clubs have fans *glances at Hibs* who seem to think theyll just be able to up and sign every other clubs best players every window) or not, but Twitter is rife with their fans claiming they've signed him on a PCA.

On 05/05/2024 at 09:16, djchapsticks said:

.Worth bearing in mind that Twitter rumours were also rife that Gogic had signed for them two years ago before we did, that Michael O'Neill was the next Aberdeen manager and Blair Spittal had signed a PCA with us. 

As I was saying my good man. 

Twitter ITKers are a funny lot.

Absolutely brilliant news, if Scott Burns has tweeted it its almost certainly true.

My favourite Goga moment from Saturday was when the ball rolled out for a goal kick near the end and he celebrated like he'd just won the World Cup.

Just now, Biscuits said:

Outstanding.  Got Robbo to thank for this I feel 

If Robinson is tying players down on 3 year deals, surely that is a sign that he sees himself staying at St Mirren for a while ?? Also good news possibly. 

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If Robinson is tying players down on 3 year deals, surely that is a sign that he sees himself staying at St Mirren for a while ?? Also good news possibly. 

Not sure that will have much if any bearing. 

More likely that Gogic and his representatives have said they'd stay for a three year deal in order to secure himself a good wage through his early 30s and no doubt the club and management are more than happy to tie our probable player of the season to a long term contract.

Scott Burns also mentioned a couple of big players leaving, which would almost certainly be Baccus & Strain. 
These two players have been absolutely outstanding for us, Robbo and his scouting/ recruitment team have a big job in terms of replacing players of their quality.

Fingers crossed they do a similar job in replacing them with a couple players of similar quality. Easier said than done I guess.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

As I was saying my good man. 

Twitter ITKers are a funny lot.

Aye, will notch United fans up as "dreamers" alongside many others when I see rumours now.

Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2024 at 09:16, djchapsticks said:

Aye. They also said in last few days that they'd be in position to take Strain and Boyle from Hibs if Hibs chose to cash in. Worth bearing in mind that Twitter rumours were also rife that Gogic had signed for them two years ago before we did, that Michael O'Neill was the next Aberdeen manager and Blair Spittal had signed a PCA with us. 

Not being a dick but I was thinking about this the other day. When the rumours initially broke I thought there was something in it as a few sensible-ish St Mirren fans seemed confident in more than just a wind-uppy way and there was nobody really denying it on our end. I was wondering if he'd maybe signed a PCA at St Mirren before he went on that mad run of form that piqued Hearts' interest and managed to get out of it. We'll probably never know.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

57 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Let's wait and see it officially before getting to excited !

It's official !!!

Delighted that Gogic is staying with us for another three years. My POTY, though we were spoilt for choice this season and, let’s be honest, it would have been a real downer if he had decided to move on. As Robbo says, I’m sure he would have had offers from elsewhere. Go Goga!

34 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I could get to like this Jim Gillespie character. Bacchus and Strain and he’s got my vote.

I’m sure he is credited with being influential in getting Robinson too. It’s high time to recognise the impact he has had on the club.