The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

Aye, that's a good business model - tell your punters to "f**k off"! Have you thought about suggesting this to SMISA?

Going by this place, B&W Army and where i sit, telling punters to fuk off is more than merited at times.

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Going by this place, B&W Army and where i sit, telling punters to fuk off is more than merited at times.

I have to agree with you about BAWA! 🤣 

But let's talk about this rationally. Paying fans, possibly season ticket holders, are venting their spleen after watching Saints lose at home. Am I correct in thinking Robinson's record with the Saints is: Wins: 1 - Draws: 1 - Lost 5? Is that right? We have taken 4  points from 18 available, and have been knocked out of the cup? 

If punters are shouting abuse at Robinson, he should take it on the chin and accept that he has had a very, very bad start. Not be telling the people who pay his wages to "f**k off." That's how I see it, and I hope somebody tells him as much.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

I have to agree with you about BAWA! 🤣 

But let's talk about this rationally. Paying fans, possibly season ticket holders, are venting their spleen after watching Saints lose at home. Am I correct in thinking Robinson's record with the Saints is: Wins: 1 - Draws: 1 - Lost 5? Is that right? We have taken 4  points from 18 available, and have been knocked out of the cup? 

If punters are shouting abuse at Robinson, he should take it on the chin and accept that he has had a very, very bad start. Not be telling the people who pay his wages to "f**k off." That's how I see it, and I hope somebody tells him as much.

Nah.

8 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Nah.

You don't think he's underperforming? You don't think fans have the right to voice their frustration?

2 minutes ago, Bastian Pigclimber said:

Robinson’s record is won 1 lost 5. No draws.

I was including the Livingston game, I think. Jim had gone by then, but you're right, Robinson hadn't taken over.

So 3 points from a possible 15 and knocked out of the Cup. In fairness to him, we have played Hearts twice and Celtic away. I agree that he needs more time. I'm not suggesting he should be sacked. However, I do think as a footballer manager should be able to accept criticism from the fans of the club without telling them to "f**k off." Some of those fans might have been coming and putting their hands in their pocket for decades. It's arrogant and smacks of Wee Man Syndrome.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

You don't think he's underperforming? You don't think fans have the right to voice their frustration?

I was including the Livingston game, I think. Jim had gone by then, but you're right, Robinson hadn't taken over.

So 3 points from a possible 15 and knocked out of the Cup. In fairness to him, we have played Hearts twice and Celtic away. I agree that he needs more time. I'm not suggesting he should be sacked. However, I do think as a footballer manager should be able to accept criticism from the fans of the club without telling them to "f**k off." Some of those fans might have been coming and putting their hands in their pocket for decades. It's arrogant and smacks of Wee Man Syndrome.

How to you possibly know what some arsehole fan said to him? Might have been very personal....

1 minute ago, Wardog said:

How to you possibly know what some arsehole fan said to him? Might have been very personal....

Like what? I was told by folk who witnessed it that people were venting their spleen about the game. It's possible someone closer to him might have said something really cutting and personal, that they didn't hear, but I doubt it.

Are you in agreement with @GAD, then? If the manager has dispensation to tell the fans to "f**k off", what about the stewards and kiosk vendors? "Here's you two pies, now f**k off out of my face!" The staff in the ticket office? I'm not sure I agree that this approach will work...

4 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Indeed

As I’ve already said, terrible appointment 

Robinson is a fool and he doesn’t know what he’s doing 

He needs to go 

Well it's a bit late for that, now. We've signed him and terminating his contract now would presumably cost us. I think we have to give him a chance now. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Smith said:

Well it's a bit late for that, now. We've signed him and terminating his contract now would presumably cost us. I think we have to give him a chance now. 

We owe him no more than Stubbs

No point in making the situation worse

get rid of him now, he’s useless and doesn’t know what he’s doing 

St Mirren fans by and large get what they deserve 

Robinson as manager, wear their masks, take their vaccines, believe the BBC, lose their jobs, reduce their incomes, salute their government, Sevco as their champions 

take it up the arse without a question 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

6 hours ago, Mr. Smith said:

Like what? I was told by folk who witnessed it that people were venting their spleen about the game. It's possible someone closer to him might have said something really cutting and personal, that they didn't hear, but I doubt it.

Are you in agreement with @GAD, then? If the manager has dispensation to tell the fans to "f**k off", what about the stewards and kiosk vendors? "Here's you two pies, now f**k off out of my face!" The staff in the ticket office? I'm not sure I agree that this approach will work...

So if you are at your work and somebody is shouting and swearing at you that you just take it? Gies peace....

Frustrating day all round. I don't remember ever seeing such a change in halves as yesterday. First half was very even, possibly even with us slightly the better side and unlucky not to be going in 2-0 up. The second half it was obvious within 90 seconds that they had us by the throat.

Robinson really does need to improve and quickly, he won't be around by the end of 2022 with results and performances like yesterday.

Robinson has had a terrible start, there’s no denying that. Hopefully when he gets to the summer and recruits his own squad then we see what he’s really all about.

It’s been a massively disappointing spell for us, but the calls for him to go are absolutely wild.

Calm down.

Lots of talk about wait until Robinson gets his own players in as if the players he has are useless. Well these useless players were undefeated this year before he took over.

Yes, undefeated in 8 games, now defeated in 5 out of 6 so the manager is not getting the best of of the players he has available who have clearly shown they can be a winning team. Robinson said when he took over that things were working well so only needed a tweek here and there. Well in game 2 of his tenure he changed to a back 3 - the formation that proved to be horrendous for us before January. So after 3 straight defeats he resorts to a back 4 again and we get a victory followed by 2 more defeats although in both of these games we played well with a back 4 until we changed to a back 3 again yesterday.

I am not calling for his head however I am not impressed so far. Every change he made yesterday weakened us in my opinion. Changing the formation was a bad move and unnecessary if he is tweeking a winning setup. And Main must be some player in training to constantly get a game under Robinson as I do not known any Buddie who would have Main anywhere near the first team.

The manager doesn't fill me with confidence and his constant blaming the players will not fill them with confidence either. I think we are in for a rough ride.

Let’s be honest Goodwin wasn’t perfect nor was he the finished article as a manger.

But the team he left were on a perfectly good 8 game unbeaten run. Why fix it when it’s not broken, Robinson has already started blaming the players and now the fans.

He won’t last long.

Well we've got a fortnight before our next game, against Well who are on the same points and GD as us. It's probably not our worst spell this season (?) since his arrival but it is important that Robinson shows us between now and the end of the season that he's not gonna be a Stubbsy/TC disaster.

Statin' the bleedin' obvious but we need to get some points on the board and stay in the pack over the next 7 games - sliding off it and drifting towards the Fakes would not bode well (sic) for next season.

Edited by btb

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

He won’t last long.

This is true. A lot of the guys involved in the running of the club are long time fans , like us! They'll have the same gut feeling as us already !