Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The OP said:

Audaciously Fortunate Juventus does not want to talk about the fans. EXCEPT about how terrible and ghastly Celtic fans are. That's fine.

Did you think that one up all by yourself, aye?

Incidentally, I have also stated that I have the utmost regard for some of the Celtic posters on here, and referred to the bigoted morns on CelticTalk as being every bit as bad as our worst fans, if not more so, and I have often passed comment on the low-life two or three games a season "fans" who blight us. Strangely, they only appear for big games when there is a likelihood for trouble.

I am even more worried about pissed up locals who would claim to be Linfield fans and cardboard provos who would claim to be Celtic fans clashing in Belfast long after the game is done. Needless to say, BOTH will be to blame.

In the meantime I plan to enjoy beautiful Bologna and Rimini.

24 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

It seems the polis aren't keen on the game being played on the 11th of July so Linfield have apparently suggested moving the game to the 13th.

That'll work - everybody will be at Scarva.

2 hours ago, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Incidentally, I have also stated that I have the utmost regard for some of the Celtic posters on here, and referred to the bigoted morns on CelticTalk as being every bit as bad as our worst fans, if not more so, and I have often passed comment on the low-life two or three games a season "fans" who blight us. Strangely, they only appear for big games when there is a likelihood for trouble.

I am even more worried about pissed up locals who would claim to be Linfield fans and cardboard provos who would claim to be Celtic fans clashing in Belfast long after the game is done. Needless to say, BOTH will be to blame.

Been to San Marino for a football trip before. It is class. Only spent a minimal amount of time in Bologna but it seemed like a decent place.

Rimini was brilliant for after the game. Would strongly advise going up into San Marino a few hours before Kick Off. Its lovely

48 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

It seems the polis aren't keen on the game being played on the 11th of July so Linfield have apparently suggested moving the game to the 13th.

They have suggested that as a back-up option. My preference would be the 10th, purely for selfish work-related reasons.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Been to San Marino for a football trip before. It is class. Only spent a minimal amount of time in Bologna but it seemed like a decent place.

Rimini was brilliant for after the game. Would strongly advise going up into San Marino a few hours before Kick Off. Its lovely

Thanks for that mate. We are away Monday to Friday so hopefully get a good look at all three. I might well go back there with Norn Iron later this year. It will all depend on whether or not I book the Club World Cup for the UAE in December.

7 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

It's true that Belfast has become a more multicultural city. It's also true that the prospect of playing a club like Celtic is like a red rag to a bull to some of the knuckle dragging element.

Nail, head, hit.

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Bore on, simpleton.  Oh and I thought 'Celtic' was 'the inclusive club' but now you're 'a bunch of Catholics'? As if Belfast shipped all its Catholics out because a few blokes wanted to celebrate the establishment of parliamentary democracy.

Nothing bad will happen.  That may change if you try and bring your sex dolls and stage another mock execution.  Be sure to bind their hands to make it easier to get them through the turnstiles © Daveybhoy..

IMG_-4kk2y0.jpg

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Bore on, simpleton.  Oh and I thought 'Celtic' was 'the inclusive club' but now you're 'a bunch of Catholics'? As if Belfast shipped all its Catholics out because a few blokes wanted to celebrate the establishment of parliamentary democracy.

Nothing bad will happen.  That may change if you try and bring your sex dolls and stage another mock execution.  Be sure to bind their hands to make it easier to get them through the turnstiles © Daveybhoy..

Eh? WTF?

I think you'll find that the backward thinking puddle drinkers that march celebrating the deaths of many Catholics will most certainly see anyone in a Celtic top as "Catholic" and will nothing else other than that. Maybe nothing bad will happen because Linfield got pumped in the CL qualifier avoiding a possible sectarian bigot fest.

And also you are a fucking idiot at times. :1eye

7 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

It's true that Belfast has become a more multicultural city. It's also true that the prospect of playing a club like Celtic is like a red rag to a bull to some of the knuckle dragging element.

One knuckledragging staunch protestant Rangers supporting fuckwit that walks with the Orange Walk I know, said to me that if the Linfield Vs Celtic goes ahead that he and a few of his deluded Rangers supporting mates will organise buses to take folk over Northern Ireland to show support to Linfield. All good if it's just about football but give him and them some alcohol, some flute music and then reason and intelligence goes right out the window and then they become fucking nutters of the highest magnitude.

The only way both ties home & away will go flawlessly if the games are played behind closed doors imo.

I had a look at the thread you quoted and your comment was pretty partial tbh. Most people told him to pipe down and pointed out his methods were flawed and I got the impression the poster was trying to work out if you had a sectarian signing policy rather than anything else. I also note that you failed to call LTL a roaster on the DUP thread when he committed the heinous crime of suggesting there are Catholic names and Protestant names in NI. One would almost think it's part of the ongoing campaign to ensure that the official line is 'two sides of the same coin' if it all kicks off in South Belfast. 

Aside from that, people on Celtic forums calling Linfield scum and decrying the Orange Order and the anarchy surrounding the marching season is to be expected tbh and I can't disagree on the latter two points. As to the first, I don't really know much about Linfield but they've always been tarred with the Rangers and Chelsea brush which suggests scumminess to me.  In fairness, I understand Linfield are to be commended for having an inclusive signing policy. 

Hope not to cause too much offence by saying I hope La Fiorita (who I have heard nothing but good things about) give your team a right royal pumping. Unless of course the people of San Marino also like to host an anti-Catholic hatefest around the 11 and 12 July, then I don't care who wins. 

42 minutes ago, The OP said:

I had a look at the thread you quoted and your comment was pretty partial tbh. Most people told him to pipe down and pointed out his methods were flawed and I got the impression the poster was trying to work out if you had a sectarian signing policy rather than anything else. I also note that you failed to call LTL a roaster on the DUP thread when he committed the heinous crime of suggesting there are Catholic names and Protestant names in NI. One would almost think it's part of the ongoing campaign to ensure that the official line is 'two sides of the same coin' if it all kicks off in South Belfast. 

Aside from that, people on Celtic forums calling Linfield scum and decrying the Orange Order and the anarchy surrounding the marching season is to be expected tbh and I can't disagree on the latter two points. As to the first, I don't really know much about Linfield but they've always been tarred with the Rangers and Chelsea brush which suggests scumminess to me.  In fairness, I understand Linfield are to be commended for having an inclusive signing policy. 

Hope not to cause too much offence by saying I hope La Fiorita (who I have heard nothing but good things about) give your team a right royal pumping. Unless of course the people of San Marino also like to host an anti-Catholic hatefest around the 11 and 12 July, then I don't care who wins. 

Except they did so much more than that. Numerous references to "Orange bastids" and other nakedly sectarian terms, (can't be arsed reading it again as it was utterly depressing), as well as talk of cultural superiority. It is one of the worst sites I have ever seen but, in the interest of fairness, I checked FF too. There were references to their hoping players getting injured, which is never nice, but no language or hatred as strong as Celtic Talk.

LTL is right insofar as there are identifiable names in Northern Ireland, although it is by no means an exact science.

I doubt they will pump us, but I am counting no chickens. As for Celtic, well, I can only dream, but if we were to win then I would be absolutely delighted because of the sort of Neanderthal posting on CelticTalk.

Talkceltic is like our rangersmedia equivalent I think, not a lot of sensible talk on there. On the other hand, I'd personally be struggling for other ways to describe people going from miserable parts of Ayrshire, Glasgow and Lanarkshire to Belfast for a hatefest.

Imagine the roots and make up of your football team being based on religion. Imagine over a hundred years later supporting these said football teams because of your religion and f**k all to do with actual football or localities. Complete fucking minter.

No offence meant to @Audaces Fortuna Juvat, but at this point it would be very funny if the San Marino mob went through. All that frothing at the mouth and rage being built up be the fud elements over nothing. The press would be utterly devastated as well.

Imagine a club formed from workers in a factory and not being based on religion?

Imagine that being my team because that is where I am from?

Imagine you knew what you were talking about?

Where did I mention your team?

You angry m8?

18 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

One knuckledragging staunch protestant Rangers supporting fuckwit that walks with the Orange Walk I know, said to me that if the Linfield Vs Celtic goes ahead that he and a few of his deluded Rangers supporting mates will organise buses to take folk over Northern Ireland to show support to Linfield. All good if it's just about football but give him and them some alcohol, some flute music and then reason and intelligence goes right out the window and then they become fucking nutters of the highest magnitude.

The only way both ties home & away will go flawlessly if the games are played behind closed doors imo.

Or San Marino do us all a favour.

Archived