Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I would expect a bit of humility. Relieved your club survived, i expect. I don't expect happiness when peoples livelihood has been affected.  That's all. I take it i have won this when you have to resort to personal insults. No more from me on this but you can carry on if you like. 

No happiness here, only dissapointment that we couldn't get one over a few more blokes to stash away enough money for a helicopter landing pad on top of one of the stands. 

I'm genuinely not sure what it is you've won, but you have my most sincerest congratulations. 

13 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Remember the Cowdenbeath Public meeting on Thursday folks. http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=2345

In my view everyone needs to attend this if they can and encourage others toast do the same. 

We need a huge turnout for this to gain a huge community commitment to get behind the club like never before. 

Have just been advised that the Shareholders EGM (and the Board meeting) due to be held tonight has been cancelled as weather and snow conditions at Central Park are still extreme and it would be dangerous to go ahead.  A revised date will be advised in due course. The cancellation will clearly have an effect on Thursday's public meeting and further advice will follow.

26 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Have just been advised that the Shareholders EGM (and the Board meeting) due to be held tonight has been cancelled as weather and snow conditions at Central Park are still extreme and it would be dangerous to go ahead.  A revised date will be advised in due course. The cancellation will clearly have an effect on Thursday's public meeting and further advice will follow.

Guessing the game tomorrow will get called off soon then 

18 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Remember the Cowdenbeath Public meeting on Thursday folks. http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewNews&id=2345

In my view everyone needs to attend this if they can and encourage others toast do the same. 

We need a huge turnout for this to gain a huge community commitment to get behind the club like never before. 

Pissed off the meeting was cancelled I was looking forward to you bring me some toast, just have to make my own now:P

22 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

I’m told that east fife still own the ground but the pitch is now owned by a trust. Why cant that be done at Cowden ? East fife are a private company as are the Brewster’s.

Partly correct. East Fife FC own the ground and the awful plastic (or 3G if you're that way inclined) pitch was part funded by council grant. (see below for full explanation)

Keeping my eyes on Cowden as I can't believe the predicament you guys find yourselves in. Just goes to show how easy it can happen if your eyes not firmly on the ball (no pun intended).

Best of luck in the playoffs. Would be sad to lose you but I've a feeling you might not be so lucky this time round. Hope I'm wrong.

The project will consist of a new 3G pitch and surrounds within the existing boundary walls giving up to five playing areas - three at 50m x 30m and two at 40m x 20m. but when required a pitch, exactly the same size as the existing grass pitch will be available for East Fife FC to fulfil their SPFL and SFA match requirements. At all other times the full surface will be made available for community use. In addition there will be new changing and toilet facilities outside the existing boundary wall and the pitch will be accessible through a new entrance. FFTC will also heighten the existing boundary wall, erect security fencing around the new facilities, install CCTV cameras and provide protective netting for the various pitches.

All the work which will be done both inside and outside Bayview is the result of grants, donations and fundraising. The bulk of the money raised is through a grant made by Fife Council along with an additional grant by the Scottish Football Partnership Trust. We are currently awaiting a decision from Sportscotland on a bid which has reached the final adjudication stage. This has all been topped off by a significant anonymous donation, Trustee donations and a very successful fundraising effort.

From day one the FFTC project was planned to be self-financing with all costs being met with income from pitch hires. The major cost will be an annual provision which will allow the 3G surface to be replaced in approximately six or seven years.

The 3G pitch is the focal point of what will be a community hub. Preliminary discussions have been held with a range of interested parties including Gingerbread, Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, Disability Sport Fife and Levenmouth Academy with a view to identifying and developing activities and support services.

East Fife FC have supported this project from the beginning and are providing facilities which need to be used to benefit the whole community.

FFTC can do this by ensuring that opportunities are created which will benefit the more disadvantaged in the community. Through sport and the appropriate support, we can help promote health, wellbeing, education and employment.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Pissed off the meeting was cancelled I was looking forward to you bring me some toast, just have to make my own now:P

Bloody predictive text! 

If you can get toast let me know where I can get bread Asda on way home from work shelves were completely empty 

24 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Bloody predictive text! 

If you can get toast let me know where I can get bread Asda on way home from work shelves were completely empty 

The shop along the road from me has loads well did have this morning.

Whilst community engagement is positive, I doubt asking people to turn up to hear about how the death of mining and the bosman ruling are affecting cowdenbeath fc is going to be particularly inticing, you've had 30 years to adapt to that!

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Whilst community engagement is positive, I doubt asking people to turn up to hear about how the death of mining and the bosman ruling are affecting cowdenbeath fc is going to be particularly inticing, you've had 30 years to adapt to that!

You mean the mines have gone! Wh, when did that happen? Nobody told me. I need to have a sit down.

On 3/6/2018 at 12:59, mo83 said:

How's your pitch looking folks? Is the game against us on Saturday gonna be on?

Apparently we are looking at starting to clear the pitch tomorrow morning. Been a reasonable thaw here today so you never know.

Archived