Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

6 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Still no excuse to be where we are though. Every season there has been excuses of why we have finished bottom.  We are where we are and probably deservedly so from a performance on the park perspective. 

However I am not attaching the blame to anyone as we are all accountable for those of us who care about the club but everyone behind the scenes appear to be trying their best yet when it comes to performing on the park the club is being let down considerably. 

As I have mentioned previously regardless on how the season finishes we must all stick together and help drive the club forward with the community with a significant increase in volunteers to come back stronger. 

People may disagree but it's surprising what a fan led community council can and could have done for the club through what it can influence together on and of the park. 

We just have to keep going even if it did mean Lowland League football which believe me I have no interest in us playing in that league or desire to attend much games in that league  but if it still meant we have a chance to sustain the future of the football club to aid them back to the SPFL and to stop the club going to the wall then the club will still have my full support and loyalty. 

I'm not making it an excuse but it's a fact apart from a few exceptions you normally get what you pay for both in football and life in general. Highest payers in League 2 top of the league lowest bottom.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I'm not making it an excuse but it's a fact apart from a few exceptions you normally get what you pay for both in football and life in general. Highest payers in League 2 top of the league lowest bottom.

Was our budget really less than Edinburgh’s?

Hopefully the start of a scoring run from Cox. We can catch Berwick yet, just need to be more lethal in front of goal. I'd rather not have any more penalties. We cannot afford to miss them now. I guess Sheerin is now officially a Cowden player (he has passed the miss a penalty assignment)!

played not too badly at times tonight and could have won the game.

great goal from Cox from a decent move and overall alot of effort.

a few tweaks to that side and we could win the playoffs. edinburgh city certainly no better than us based on tonights evidence.

can see where fraser mullen gets his petulence from now, his dad is a bit of a wee angry man.

We should have came away with the 3 points tonight. 

Can't fault the players overall effort though and some positives to take away making me feel a bit more confident of our playoff chances 

Despite Sheerin missing the penalty which at the time was absolutely frustrating he in his fairness had not a bad game with his physical presence and hopefully he can learn from his penalty miss and kick on as there is potential there in him for our survival. 

Pyper slack at the back for me in losing the goal but he kept his composure and cracked on with no heads going down in the team which was a positive sign too 

Frustrating night as a win could have gave us a glimmer of hope in avoiding the trapdoor playoff however if the players put in the same level of application in all their games and particularly the playoffs we hopefully will have assembled a decent side to survive the drop. 

Also Cox's goal was well taken and key to encourage the likes of Cox as he trys to give that extra when he drives on. 

4 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Its key to encourage all of the players until the end of the last game of the season, whichever game that is

Fair comment. 

With the  likes of Cox I mean should have said needs extra encouragement giving some of the challenges he faces and when given that extra encouragement he sometimes has bursts of energy and determination 

Nine wins from ten  matches. I was aghast at Bollan's team selection but I have to admit that the second half was as good as anything we have produced this season, especially when Swann came on. When we got the ball down and passed it around we looked a decent team. We missed three good chances as well as the penalty,but at least we were creating chances. Keep this up and we may yet avoid disaster.

19 hours ago, PELE said:

Hopefully the start of a scoring run from Cox. We can catch Berwick yet, just need to be more lethal in front of goal. I'd rather not have any more penalties. We cannot afford to miss them now. I guess Sheerin is now officially a Cowden player (he has passed the miss a penalty assignment)!

I suppose its a pity young Harvey was on the bench at the time 100% penalty record:)

21 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Despite Sheerin missing the penalty which at the time was absolutely frustrating he in his fairness had not a bad game with his physical presence and hopefully he can learn from his penalty miss and kick on as there is potential there in him for our survival.

Jordyn absolutely didn't deserve the abuse aimed at him by you and some others. It was an awful penalty but even the best players in the world miss penalties. I can understand your frustrations but save them for a messageboard, don't take them out on the players in the middle of game. How is that going to help?

We were the better team on the night and if Cammy had done anything other than what he did right at the end, we would have won the game. Good to see Bollan actually make a positive change and go two up front when we went behind.

Swann has been our best player this season so it doesn't really make sense to have him on the bench. Hopefully he starts on Saturday.

40 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Jordyn absolutely didn't deserve the abuse aimed at him by you and some others. It was an awful penalty but even the best players in the world miss penalties. I can understand your frustrations but save them for a messageboard, don't take them out on the players in the middle of game. How is that going to help?

We were the better team on the night and if Cammy had done anything other than what he did right at the end, we would have won the game. Good to see Bollan actually make a positive change and go two up front when we went behind.

Swann has been our best player this season so it doesn't really make sense to have him on the bench. Hopefully he starts on Saturday.

The position we're in its not going to help anyone giving players abuse, got to stick together to get through this hopefully.

Apart from the penalty miss I didn't think Jordyn done too bad overall certainly been more use than Malone was in his short spell.

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

We could have won, yes, but so could they. I wouldn’t go as far as to say we were the better team in the night. Was happy enough with the performance in spells though.

regarding Sheerin, I was sitting with 316 and agree it’s not helping. Sheerin is trying his best and was desperate to score so going mental maybe not the best.

i actually felt Sheerin had a poor first half but improved during the 2nd half. Obviously not fully fit and makes some wrong decisions at times but he is trying his best and was contributing enough 2nd half to warrant a wee run in the team to see if a stretch of games will help him and the team improve. 

Regarding swan, he’s weak defensively and with pyper left CH would make that area easily exposed. I would have brought swan on left mid and pushed Cox more upfront and central with Sheerin.

Archived