Group H

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No didn't get to watch Saints game live. Be nice if they said something. Spent 5 minutes hooking up my laptop to TV. I'll troll Razjag and let him know it's unacceptable the lack of jagzone communication [emoji6]

Not missing much. Beat Midden 5 nil and can't score v Stranraer. [emoji23]
Typical Jags

After what someone said earlier on I decided to put on Saints -2 and double it with Thistle -2.

No way that the Thistle of last week wouldn't score at least 4 v Stranraer. 

Funny old game football.

Thought Stranraer played very very well today. Set up to close us down and were very effective at it, forcing us to rush passes and play in tight spaces. If they had someone up front who could hit the target, then they'd have been really effective on the counter attack.

We looked good for the first ten minutes or so, but then Stranraer started to mark the wide areas much better and cut off our out-ball.

It was a bit of a shitfest, but I'd rather see that before the league season starts, than friendly games that are a glorified kick about. The players had to work hard and try different things against a team who were hard to break down. It also showed up our deficiencies more than a friendly would.

All the best to Stranraer. If you defend like that most games this season, then you'll not lose much. At the other end of the pitch might be where you have issues. Lots of 0-0 and 1-0 next season!

All the best to Stranraer. If you defend like that most games this season, then you'll not lose much. At the other end of the pitch might be where you have issues. Lots of 0-0 and 1-0 next season!

Think you summed our game up very well. We're still a striker short of a squad for League One, but looked much better organised in defence than in our last few games and sharper in midfield.

Nice to be back at Firhill for the first time in about a decade - a ground I was at at least a hundred times as a student. Friendly welcome from the Jags fans. Hope you have another season as good as last. And it's surely time for another cup to come to Maryhill.

Archived