Group A

JakeSAFC

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If Inverness Caledonian Thistle Football Club don't tank Stirling Albion Football Club by at least five goals this evening, I will be disgruntled.

Cue one disgruntled ICT supporter. :lol:

Far better performance tonight from Saturday, draw was a fair result imo. Felt our best players were Calum Morrison and Ross McGeachie. 

As for the penalties oh dear oh dear ! Never in my 40 odd years of watching football have I seen such a complete mess made of taking penalties we missed all four and ICT missed 3 but at least they managed to find the net twice. Onwards to Forfar on Saturday and I hope it does not end in a draw, don't fancy our chances in the penalty shootout if their is one. 

Well strange game we missed 3 sitters 1st half 3x guys miskicked ball altogether.Then Smithy pull s off 2 wonder saves to deny Farfar..

Isaac s gonna frustrate hell out of fans and his team mates poor lad keeps making wrong  option .But then bang hits a 30 yarder .. Then gets hooked .I felt that was when we fell outta game a bit... Forfar got a deserved equaliser thru a definate pen ... Q pen shoot out some cracking pens and some horrendous (Ally Love and O . See) 

Not the worst game i ve been too both teams still finding they re feet though ....

Well strange game we missed 3 sitters 1st half 3x guys miskicked ball altogether.Then Smithy pull s off 2 wonder saves to deny Farfar..
Isaac s gonna frustrate hell out of fans and his team mates poor lad keeps making wrong  option .But then bang hits a 30 yarder .. Then gets hooked .I felt that was when we fell outta game a bit... Forfar got a deserved equaliser thru a definate pen ... Q pen shoot out some cracking pens and some horrendous (Ally Love and O . See) 
Not the worst game i ve been too both teams still finding they re feet though ....

That equaliser cost me a tenner...

25 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Decent game that both teams will probably be happy enough about. That See penalty though, doubt there was a worse one across all the games!

Been an hour since the game and still can't get my head round what I have just witnessed. 4 penalties missed and 1 on target :lol:

Was it not 2-0 on penalties to ICT?

I can't imagine how funny it would be to see the first six penalties missed after a 0-0 draw. [emoji16]

31 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Fair assessment of the game. You forgot to mention the clueless referee though. Fouls and bookings aside, how many throw ins did he judge the wrong way for both sides?

Was it not 2-0 on penalties to ICT?

I can't imagine how funny it would be to see the first six penalties missed after a 0-0 draw. [emoji16]

Aye, they scored their last 2. The first 5 were all missed :lol:

Penalties aside, a good bounce back from the Falkirk game. We matched Inverness throughout and could have nicked it right at the end. Morrison and McGeachie were immense.

Decent game that both teams will probably be happy enough about. That See penalty though, doubt there was a worse one across all the games!

What about Trav.Wasnt at game but worried at him off injured?

It was a poor performance from us, we didn't really create much. Big preseason feel to it and we had to change early when Mulreany came off.

The new striker looks promising and had some good touches. Seedorf was quiet and Chalmers was poor. Calder looked effective going forward.

We don't really have any real creativity though and it showed. I liked Vigurs' play, he dropped off and played some decent passes but he didn't create that many chances.

The penalty shoot out was hilarious. Not only did the first five players miss but five of the six missed penalties were off target. Some shocking efforts, the final Albion penalty was one of the worst you'll see, although aChalmers ran close.

Archived