Group A

JakeSAFC

Was in Brechin recently and found it relativity deserted other than people in John Deere coveralls, traffic was mainly tractors and farm vehicles buzzing around the town, so nothing has changed since we last met them in our early days.

Tatties seemed to be the main crop in the surrounding fields so we'll be Ok for stovies in the few hostelry's there when we visit.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/29/2017 at 20:16, SandyCromarty said:

Was in Brechin recently and found it relativity deserted other than people in John Deere coveralls, traffic was mainly tractors and farm vehicles buzzing around the town, so nothing has changed since we last met them in our early days.

Tatties seemed to be the main crop in the surrounding fields so we'll be Ok for stovies in the few hostelry's there when we visit.

That must have been the weekend of the Angus Show. The usual residents stay away from the town that weekend as the fermers only get let out once a year and just take over. ;)

So how's everyone shaping up for the season then seeing as it starts on Saturday?

I can't see us adding more than 1 or 2 back up players before the end of the window so the squad's in place. Only had one friendly so far and played two different sides of 11 each half so there's potential we'll be short of match fitness come Saturday. We do have another friendly tomorrow night though.

On 7 July 2017 at 01:24, JakeSAFC said:

Reckon the famous Albion will beat the wee team from Grangemouth.

I haven't had any letters through from Stirling council about road closures for the open top bus parade the Binos would have on for beating Falkirk so I'm assuming the rest of your team aren't so confident ?

Theres some bants for you. Ziiiiiiing!!!

I haven't had any letters through from Stirling council about road closures for the open top bus parade the Binos would have on for beating Falkirk so I'm assuming the rest of your team aren't so confident ?

Theres some bants for you. Ziiiiiiing!!!

We only have open top bus parades when we beat big teams.

13 hours ago, Trump said:

Two friendlies so far for us. 2 wins, 4 goals and none conceded. Let's hope for a similar outcome in our friendly against the Stirling Castles. I'd go with a second string eleven and keep the first team fresh for the bigger, tougher games ahead in the group.

As you did last season.

How would Stirling fans say their team compares with last season? We beat Edinburgh City 3-0 in a friendly last night and I see they finished 4 points behind Albion in the league. Trying to guage what quality of side we'll be up against on Saturday.

How would Stirling fans say their team compares with last season? We beat Edinburgh City 3-0 in a friendly last night and I see they finished 4 points behind Albion in the league. Trying to guage what quality of side we'll be up against on Saturday.

For most of last season we were shite, thanks to Stuart McLaren. Still managed to beat you lot.

Under Mackay we have improved and we actually look like a football team now. Saying that I have only seen us once this pre season and we matched Motherwell for large parts of the game.

10 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Brechin are without 4 key players through suspension plus a further two injured for Saturday at Inverness. Far from ideal.

We called off a friendly against Clach the other night due to the number of players we have out injured. With neither of us at full strength for this weekends game it's going to be tough to call.

Archived