"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I wonder if Big Dunc is of the opinion that the likes of Welsh and Carson, two experienced players, have failed to get us promoted, so he's happy to let them go.  I know Welsh wanted to leave and I also know Carson was looking to move to the central belt.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Big Dunc is being quite ruthless here.  He's wanting to make his mark on the team so the 2 rumoured signings today need to be permanent ones and not more loanees.

I get what you are saying and do kinda agree but at the same time I’m quite happy to go with loanees until the end of the season and just totally rebuild in the summer.

Would be great if we can get some permanent deals done though.

34 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

This is a proper Butcheresque transfer window. Shipping out your Ross Tokelys for your George Brislen-Halls

I won’t be happy until another winner of Football Icon is announced.

A boy on CTO who lives down there and supports Everton seems to rate him highly.

Does anyone else have permanent 'Falkirk 2018-19' fear whenever we sign any player from England?  It's daft as our greatest ever squad was chock full of random Nigels no one had ever heard of before.  I just always think every single one of them we sign these days is going to be absolutely fucking dogshit like that mob Hartley signed for Falkirk that summer.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Aye MacGregor can't be trusted to stay fit.  Boy is made of glass.

As far as I remember he had a broken jaw and an ankle injury that required surgery, it didn’t heal properly so went for another one. 

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A boy on CTO who lives down there and supports Everton seems to rate him highly.

Does anyone else have permanent 'Falkirk 2018-19' fear whenever we sign any player from England?  It's daft as our greatest ever squad was chock full of random Nigels no one had ever heard of before.  I just always think every single one of them we sign these days is going to be absolutely fucking dogshit like that mob Hartley signed for Falkirk that summer.

Yeap I get that fear too. The only difference is that this is Fergusons market. He should have a good knowledge of the players down playing at that level and know which ones have what to takes up here.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Yeap I get that fear too. The only difference is that this is Fergusons market. He should have a good knowledge of the players down playing at that level and know which ones have what to takes up here.

Aye according to the Falkirk thread at the time Hartley had never seen any of those boys play and signed a couple of them purely down to the fact that they were at a Barclays club academy at the time.

Edit - It's highly likely that he's seen McAllister in the flesh more than once.

Edited by TheScarf

All the Wishes to David but a foolish move as I feel he could have done better.

A few extra shillings for now with every chance he's back on Championship money in five months with a new manager who might not rate him.

Anyway Good Luck David

3 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

This is a proper Butcheresque transfer window. Shipping out your Ross Tokelys for your George Brislen-Halls

Honestly, with the exception of Mckay, Shaw and Ridgers I really don't care who Ferguson gets rid of.  If he thinks that they are not good enough then fine - off they pop.  Most of the players that have been with us for a while have put us in the situation we are in.  Sentimentality is understandable but just because some have been around for ages doesn't make it a good thing.

Onwards...