"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

Is it a template? Puma design template strips with stripes are currently the Puma Team liga style, which this is nothing like. Everything about the top says “bespoke”, probably by Helen Keller.

Somebody on the ICT twitter feed posted an almost identical kit from some continental team. 

Edited by Savage Henry

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

21 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

They really do, it's like some weird out of focus black blob is stuck behind blue bars in a red walled jail cell in an old Amiga game. Absolutely bizarre.

You have got it all wrong.  The black blob is outside the bars and you are on the inside.

Too much gossip on the shirt, its like reading critiques on the Paris fashion show ffs.

The wearer is more important and we need to see or hear some news on incoming players.

Edited by SandyCromarty

On 15/06/2024 at 10:21, CityDave94 said:

I was just thinking that myself. Also the blue stripes look like bars as in jail cell bars. Was there a theme going on here with this choice?

Could well be.

They did say it was a 30th anniversary strip and it'll be 30 years since your manager got banged up.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Too much gossip on the shirt, its like reading critiques on the Paris fashion show ffs.

The wearer is more important and we need to see or hear some news on incoming players.

Discussing the kit and Harry Gows dream rings doesn't stop anyone else from posting about new players. If its ICT related then it gets dropped here.

And since every ICT week is a slow news week...............

Anyway here's some fact checking from the P&J

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/inverness/6501637/inverness-caley-thistle-housing-kelty-fife/

Mark Ridgers made a very important observation on The Wyness Shuffle podcast. Whilst quite rightly declaring that he roundly ignores the outrageous criticism from roasters with a keyboard, this luxury is one that doesn't necessarily come easily to young players. 

In a season when we may well see our young players developing as they learn their trade, it should be incumbent to all contributors to consider whether their need for performative flagellation and affirmation outweighs their caustic impact. 

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Discussing the kit and Harry Gows dream rings doesn't stop anyone else from posting about new players. If its ICT related then it gets dropped here.

And since every ICT week is a slow news week...............

Anyway here's some fact checking from the P&J

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/inverness/6501637/inverness-caley-thistle-housing-kelty-fife/

That's hardly been the case over the last 3/4 weeks since the club announced the Kelty move on the 24th of May, in fact this thread has been on fire since then with all sorts of resignations, talk of administration, players out of contract, players leaving, supporters trust meetings, threats on ST's non renewal and so forth.

We have been and still are national news unfortunately

This week has seen the Doran issue, a club statement on ST renewal, a commitment to bring in youth and local players, and a firm refusal to move to Kelty and a very good podcast released.

Hardly a slow news week or month but if dream rings are your thing which brings you to the point of orgasm then by all means salivate on how good or bad they taste, the forum is all about free expression.

But please do not say we are in the midst of a slow news week. 

I wish we were in all honesty but we are still in the grip of a crisis.

54 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That's hardly been the case over the last 3/4 weeks since the club announced the Kelty move on the 24th of May, in fact this thread has been on fire since then with all sorts of resignations, talk of administration, players out of contract, players leaving, supporters trust meetings, threats on ST's non renewal and so forth.

This week has seen the Doran issue, a club statement on ST renewal, a commitment to bring in youth and local players, and a firm refusal to move to Kelty and a very good podcast released.

Hardly a slow news week or month but if dream rings are your thing which brings you to the point of orgasm then by all means salivate on how good or bad they taste, the forum is all about free expression.

Can I not be sarcastic about it like I did there? I'm perfectly within in my rights to be annoyed with my club.

btw I don't eat Harry Gows cakes or any sweets, but my point was posting about that and the kit does not get in the way of anyone wishing to post about any news about the club.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oh Sandy

3 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Can I not be sarcastic about it like I did there? I'm perfectly within in my rights to be annoyed with my club.

btw I don't eat Harry Gows cakes or any sweets, but my point was posting about that and the kit does not get in the way of anyone wishing to post about any news about the club.

Far better we all pull together.

The ship is mightier than the crew.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Preseason training starts tomorrow I believe. That’ll be some laugh.

Hopefully some of the boys head out to Fort George and let us know who's training and who is running the show

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Hopefully some of the boys head out to Fort George and let us know who's training and who is running the show

Could do with someone in goals too tbh.

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Could do with someone in goals too tbh.

Ryan Esson?

Hopefully that given the club statement said they are recruiting locally then that gives a wide scope to offer FT football.

If you build it they will come.

The strip is pretty meh but at least we don't have Gardiner claiming it's a bespoke design again only to be rumbled as a template kit within 5 minutes of claiming otherwise.