• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

If Kellacher isn’t back at the start of next season, I wonder if McCann or more likely Dodds will stay on as assistant.

I think McCann will have his eyes firmly on a managers job for next season. It would makes sense for Dodds if he is already living here.

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I stand with Highland Capital. 

Thank you for your support.  It is disappointing to be abused on this weekend of all weekends, but through time and with the help of the football family I will come back stronger. 💪

Edited by Highland Capital

I support anyone that supports ICT but I do want respect on forums, not people ganging up on me or calling me a arm chair fan (that's also abuse). 

Respect is earned mate. Posting comments like the earlier one will have the opposite effect.

I wouldn’t be adverse to Dodds sticking around as Robbo’s assistant should Kel not return.

I am however concerned that our coaching staff these days contain no defenders. Our most success period in our history so far has been when we’ve been managed by centre halves.

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I wouldn’t be adverse to Dodds sticking around as Robbo’s assistant should Kel not return.

I am however concerned that our coaching staff these days contain no defenders. Our most success period in our history so far has been when we’ve been managed by centre halves.

It showed for the 3/4 of this season IMO. Our defending was utterly horrendous and it felt like we were going to concede from every set piece. It actually improved when McCann and Dodds came in somehow.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I don't know if it really matters.  Butcher was a world class defender in his day and Malpas was an accomplished Scotland international and there were periods under their stewardship that our defence was terrible.

Devine has been better than expected but I don't see him as a leader at the back in the way we've had with Gary Warren, Darren Dods, Bobby Mann etc.  Duffy, Harper and Deas are all young but they'd probably all flourish with a proper, experienced centre-back alongside them - that's what we don't have and it isn't Brad Mckay.

5 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Abuse?

Confused Politician GIF by Chicken Licken SAConfused Politician GIF by Chicken Licken SA

I'm going to write to every club in Scotland...no wait, the world (!) and tell them to have another social media blackout in opposition of abuse to armchair supporters.  Armchair supporters are very mistreated in society and especially on football forums and just because they've never spent a penny supporting their club, there's no need for them to be abused and they are totally cool and have lots of girlfriends.  I hope all posters on P&B will join me in supporting this noble cause.

Edited by Highland Capital

He's hit a rich vein of form in recent weeks which has undoubtedly put him on the radar of top tier clubs but this is the first time he's shown any real form over the last few seasons although he hasn't really had a sustained run in the first team until now. Could be a flash in the pan or it could be a sign of what he is capable of with a regular run in a side. If you had said to me at the start of the season that a side like Hibs would be rumoured to be signing him I would have laughed. A lot. So it's testament to how well he has done that Premiership sides are looking at the guy.

He often plays wide left (mainly) or wide right and likes to cut in from the flanks. Probably fair to say he isn't the quickest or most skilful of players but he's very direct, has a decent finish on him and would probably be available for buttons given our history of transfer dealings. Would be pretty galling to lose him after we start to see glimpses of the promise he has but that's football I guess.

And so it begins.  That said, we do have a youth system that the vast majority of clubs are envious of, so it's kind of expected that our top youth players are sold on.