"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

36 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Billy Dodds (magnificent soccer man and cup final icon) is now contracted for next season! 

That's wonderful news and what a boost going into the crucial Friday it is.

Shirley not even the likes of @bdu98196 who might've been less than complimentary earlier in the season, would begrudge this.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

There were rumours he had been offered a deal a few weeks back. Maybe he was waiting to see how the season panned out before committing? If he does stay he's going to have a big rebuild on his hands in the summer but maybe him committing might get some others to pledge their futures to the club.

Edited by RiG

Dodds is looking to retain Henderson and Daniel Mackay next season. Henderson is obvious but personally I’d prefer bringing in Logan Chalmers on the left over Mackay, or just play Shaw there. I’d take him as a squad player, not sure he’s shown the consistency throughout the season to merit a starting spot.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Henderson is signing for Partick apparently.

Thought at the match a few weeks ago he looked overly friendly with their players at the handshakes, patting him on the back, shame.

Signing Henderson would command a fee as well something I don't see us doing even with this windfall from the SC which will just be used to offset our ongoing losses.

7 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Thought at the match a few weeks ago he looked overly friendly with their players at the handshakes, patting him on the back, shame.

Hodson, Mullen and Smith are ex St. Mirren.

I see the club have put nominations up for player, young player and goal of the year. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Player and young player of the year for me is Cammy Harper. Been our most consistent player, scored some really important goals and was the first player that came to mind. Honourable mentions for Nathan Shaw, Scott Allardice, Billy Mckay and Mark Ridgers

Just now, scottbamby said:

I see the club have put nominations up for player, young player and goal of the year. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Player and young player of the year for me is Cammy Harper. Been our most consistent player, scored some really important goals and was the first player that came to mind. Honourable mentions for Nathan Shaw, Scott Allardice, Billy Mckay and Mark Ridgers

Goal of the year Billy Mckay in the semi final for me but it’s not even in the nominations!

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Player - Steven Boyd

Young player - Ryan Barrett

Goal - George Oakley vs Kelty 

It was a lovely finish from the useless hoor to be fair.  Worth the sunburn definitely.

The Fans’ Player of the Year - Billy Mckay. He kept going through times that were tough with nary a chance falling to him and kept contributing with hard work and goals.

The Fans’ Young Player of the Year - Nathan Shaw. My early season memory is of him dribbling a ball out of play. It seems that a goal and a celebration that spoke a thousand words about camaraderie catapulted him to quite the player.

The ICTFC Goal of the Season - in the context of this season and the upcoming cheque, the electrifying first finish at Livingston is deserving.

Manager of the year - The inimitable Billy Dodds. Much underestimated by those that would habitually seek to decry but being a win from the plays offs and a cup final, shirley that's decent?

Hat of the year - Davie Carson for his semi final milliner's product sported at a jaunty angle. He was verging on John Terry full kit tragedy but his exuberance and headwear saved the day.

Celebration of the year (so far) - Below me and post final whistle at Hampden as Mark Ridgers embraced his wife and held (steady) his baby. This moment of triumph over adversity brought a tear to my eye.